Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Own Sound .wave played on actions

Using VoiceScript is it possible to assign a specific .wav file to be played on certain actions rather than commands. For example, if I ask the Co-pilot to "turn off seat belt sign" or I manually turn the sign off, is there a way for a VoiceScript to recognise the action and play a specific wav file? Or is that something one can use Voxkey for, to define a specific action to trigger a script?

Another question, within a script I notice under OPTIONS the followings:

[OPTIONS]

Suspend=0

Verbose=1

RequireConfirmation=0

Could explain the meaning of these options and how they effect the script?

Thanks,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Using VoiceScript is it possible to assign a specific .wav file to be played on certain actions rather than commands. For example, if I ask the Co-pilot to "turn off seat belt sign" or I manually turn the sign off, is there a way for a VoiceScript to recognise the action and play a specific wav file? Or is that something one can use Voxkey for, to define a specific action to trigger a script?

As far as I know you can't get Vox Script to run upon an action performed by yourself, such as switching the seat belt sign on or off.

Vox Script works by VOX. i.e. You speak the command and it goes to work executing whatever you have placed in the script.

If you ask for the Co-pilot to "turn off seat belt signs" and you make a Vox Script "flow" for that statement, then the seat belt sign will be turned off using the voice command you used and using the action you placed into the body of the script.  Now, in the Vox Script body, if you assign a sound (.wav file) to be played after the action, you will hear your .wav file, or whatever sound you assign to the Vox Script.

I did that in the J41 with the "fire" calls after an engine fire. The "Fire" wav file is not part of the J41, its added by myself in the MCE Vox Script which is running.

Another question, within a script I notice under OPTIONS the followings:

[OPTIONS]

Suspend=0

Verbose=1

RequireConfirmation=0

Suspend the action in the script, it is not actioned.

Verbose will allow you to hear every command as it gets actioned...Read out loud.

Require Confirmation will require you, as captain, to confirm that the action is what you want. e.g. You say "seat belt signs off" FO/FE replies, "are you sure about that captain"?, to which you say "Yes" or "confirmed" or "affirmative".

Hope this helps a bit.

The "Bosses" will be along if I got anything incorrect.

Cheers

David

Thanks for your thoughts. My concern is that having a scripts such as "seatbelt signs off", or similar would not get actioned since such a command is one of the default FO commands. Is that not the case?

Perhaps one of the support staff could advise?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Thanks for your thoughts. My concern is that having a scripts such as "seatbelt signs off", or similar would not get actioned since such a command is one of the default FO commands. Is that not the case?

Perhaps one of the support staff could advise?

Stuart

David got it spot on.

Just be aware built-in commands always take precedence over custom ones.

You will need to make your sentence different by at least one character.

Examples

"make sure seat belts are on"

"OK seat belts on"

"I want the seat belts on"

"I said seat belts on" (a good way to remind FO you want it done your way) :lol:

Anything really, as long as it's not an existing command.

There are a couple of instances Gerald, where it would be of benefit to overidde the default command and subsequent action.  Yes, I have the script called "go(ing) around", but you know what happens, I'll shout out the more common "go around" instead, and Miss Lorna will shove those turbofans into the Red like you would never do on a real airplane.   I can't really think of too many more examples off the top of my head, but I know there are definitely some situations I've run into where I would like to overidde the default, generic action with a custom action while using the exact same phrase that happens to be taken by a default command.  Just as we have the options Verbose and Require Confirmation, would it be possible to have a checkbox that says "Override Default Action", if such cases exist?  A rare thing, to be sure, but there are situations that call for such ability (I just wish I could think of more examples right now, and I can't)

There are a couple of instances Gerald, where it would be of benefit to overidde the default command and subsequent action.  Yes, I have the script called "go(ing) around", but you know what happens, I'll shout out the more common "go around" instead, and Miss Lorna will shove those turbofans into the Red like you would never do on a real airplane.   I can't really think of too many more examples off the top of my head, but I know there are definitely some situations I've run into where I would like to overidde the default, generic action with a custom action while using the exact same phrase that happens to be taken by a default command.  Just as we have the options Verbose and Require Confirmation, would it be possible to have a checkbox that says "Override Default Action", if such cases exist?  A rare thing, to be sure, but there are situations that call for such ability (I just wish I could think of more examples right now, and I can't)

There are 2 commands you can override "gear up" and "gear down". You can get FO to perform the extra bits like arming (disarming) spoilers.

You need to enable a particular option in "mce.ini"

UseAlternateGrammar=1

If option isn't there, manually add-it to [OPTIONS] section.

"go around thrust" or "go-around power" are built-in "Go-around" or "Going around"should be seen as custom commands.

If necessary, will add the go-around built-in commands to the list of excluded commands in alternate grammar.