Sign in to follow this  
FlyingEngineer

Flight 1 ATR freeze when opening the kneeboard (FS9)

Hi everybody,

yesterday I bought the Flight 1 ATR. Today I wanted to open the kneeboard, but the whole FS9 freezes!

Any Solutions?

FlyingEngineer

I am an enthusiastic flight simulator pilot from Germany with strong interests in aeronautics, materials science, engineering and programming. As I was just starting to learn English when I began virtual flying as a child, please excuse the poor English of my earlier posts (2015-2018) 🙂

FlightSim: MSFS2020 | JF BAe 146 Pro - PMDG 737-800 - Fenix A320

System Specs: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA - Intel Core i7 6700K OC  4,3 Ghz - ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC-Edition 11GB GDDR5X - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2666 - Corsair Hydro Series H110i - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - CH Flight Sim Yoke - CH Pro Pedals

I had Kneeboard problems with the Dreamfleet 727. It did not cause the sim to crash but would not display anything. It was related to the version of IE and when I reverted to an older version it fixed it.

However the problem keeps cropping up when microsoft updates my IE!  It may be caused by not having IE as the default browser (I use Firefox)

Others have had the sim crash. Have a look at these posts:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?263568-Kneeboard-problem&highlight=kneeboard

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?250204-problem-with-electronic-kneeboard-on-Windows-7&highlight=kneeboard

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?264970-Kneeboard-amp-Flight-plan-won-t-display&highlight=kneeboard

Peter

Peter Schluter

Hi,

I had the freezing sim problem when opening the kneeboard of the Dreamfleet 727, too. My testing led me to the conclusion that there is no problem with browsers, but with some gauges (in my case, the airspeed indicator). You can read the whole story here

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/428671-dreamfleet-727-and-windows-7/

and here

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/76815-dreamfleet-727-unter-windows-7/

As you see, there's obviously no other solution than avoiding the kneeboard...

Regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi,

I tried to install Internet Explorer 8.

Now everything works!

FlyingEngineer

I am an enthusiastic flight simulator pilot from Germany with strong interests in aeronautics, materials science, engineering and programming. As I was just starting to learn English when I began virtual flying as a child, please excuse the poor English of my earlier posts (2015-2018) 🙂

System Specs: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA - Intel Core i7 6700K OC  4,3 Ghz - ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC-Edition 11GB GDDR5X - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2666 - Corsair Hydro Series H110i - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - CH Flight Sim Yoke - CH Pro Pedals

Hi Flugsimulatorpilot,

what Operating System do you have?

I tried to install IE8 at my Win7 system with no success (got a message: not compatible). Furthermore, I wonder if it is safe to have this old browser, or can I have two versions of Internet Explorer at once on my system?

Thanks,

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi Harold Geyer,

I use Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit. I deinstalled the Internet Explorer 11.

I installed Internet Explorer 11, 10 and 9 as updates and so I deinstalled them. Now I have Internet Explorer 8!

You're right that it isn't safe to surf with this browser.

I made Internet Explorer as standard browser but I don't surf with it!

I only surf with firefox. I have two browsers installed! Internet Explorer and Firefox

FlyingEngineer

Hi Flugsimulatorpilot,

I have a Win7 64 bit OS which originally came with IE11. So uninstalling the updates will not work at my system, as there were never such updates... but I get around quite well without using the kneeboard flying this very plane. I considered buying the ATR, too, but won't do it anymore.

It seems that I was incorrect when I blamed a gauge for the freezing. Unfortunately, as I seem to cannot get IE 8 to work at my system, I obviously will never know if it would have helped...

By the way, although I use Firefox as browser, too, I had to learn that IE fulfills many background tasks (search for Win updates etc.) though so that it seems unsafe to me to use IE 8 even with another browser as standard browser. (just my 0.02...)

However, have fun with your ATR!

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg