Sign in to follow this  
Jessyboy

I'm confused

Now I'm all confused as to why stay or leave, or move... moving to P3D. I keep going back and forth between forums of FSX and P3D, and I keep seeing almost the same pattern- tweaks here and there, problems here and there. So, what's the point of moving to P3D ?

And, is it true that P3D is the same FSX with a "facelift?" As you can see I'm all confused. With the tons of  extraordinary add ons, and my processor holding at 5.0Ghz, I am so happy that I don't see how it could be better.  (Or, maybe I just don't know).

Ignore most of the stuff about tweaking P3D2 - what you'll probably find is that 99% of people needing to tweak it are using add ons (specifically payware aircraft) that haven't been tailored specifically to P3D2. From my perspective, well I haven't fired up FSX since I installed 2.0 back in late November, and it's come a long way since then especially in terms of stability. For the type of flying that I do (IFR in freeware aircraft such as the Project Airbus A320 series) and with my system it performed vastly better out of the box than FSX ever did, hence why I have stuck with it. I admit I have put a single tweak in (affinitymask) as I use a lot of photoscenery but even then I'm not sure it has done much - LM seem to have done a lot of work to make sure you don't really need to tweak at all.

But anyway, people drop huge amounts on FSX add ons and hardware updates yet seem to hold back when it comes to $60/200 on the P3D2 licence which I've never understood. Go and try it for $60 and if you're not happy LM will give you a refund. You can't get much better an offer than that.

Many commercial FSX addons are not licensed for P3D and some do not work  for P3D, and although I have both FSX and P3D, I almost only use FSX because it works fine for me and I can use all of my addons.

Henri

Henri Arsenault

Yeah, thanks guys guys. I went asking around and got beat-up at the P3D forum. haha. But it's all good. I just want to learn and discover the differences. Though P3D appears to be a more robust platform, I have come to the conclusion that now is NOT the time to move to P3D...I am honestly not convinced. Heck, I got my 2700K to 5.0Ghz 2 weeks ago. And, got  one of the latest GPU, and I'm enjoying DX-10 and my sim like I never imagined possible.