Sign in to follow this  
Jessyboy

I'm Disappointed

I have recently been visiting this forum and the FSX forums, and there's one thing in common that I have noticed. I was hopping P3D would be much better than FSX ; however it disappoints me to go back and forth between forums and see the same topics: errors, crashes, graphics, fps, problems here- problems there, tweaks here, teaks there. So, what's the point of moving to P3D if it's the same product with just a little bit of make-up? I'm disappointed.

I have recently been visiting this forum and the FSX forums, and there's one thing in common that I have noticed. I was hopping P3D would be much better than FSX ; however it disappoints me to go back and forth between forums and see the same topics: errors, crashes, graphics, fps, problems here- problems there, tweaks here, teaks there. So, what's the point of moving to P3D if it's the same product with just a little bit of make-up? I'm disappointed.

See my reply in the FSX forum. Starting the same topic in both forums smacks of trolling btw...

P3D v 2.2 is a HUGE improvement over FSX, period.  It is under active development, FSX development has ceased except by third parties building add-ons for it.  P3D has a beautiful future and is drop-dead beautiful to fly in, especially with a couple of add-ons from Orbx (FTX Global, NorCal, PNW, to name a few).  

Lockheed has further stated that 64-bits is somewhere in the future of P3D, along with things like SLI.  P3D supports Direct X 11, FSX never heard of it.

So you will see continued evolution of P3D, and Lockheed-Martin has the resources (financial and human) to make P3D better and better over time.  IOW, it continues to morph and grow, and issues that exist today _WILL_ be addressed, apparently in fairly short order.  

P3D defines excitement and holds a world of promise.  FSX is the grand old lady of simulation, and several generations removed from P3D.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

So, what's the point of moving to P3D if it's the same product with just a little bit of make-up

Exactly what it is, now I have my guitar out does anybody know the first verse to Kumbaya.

My take is that anyone can comfortably switch to P3D once they feel it has reached the level of development they personally expect.

As P3D is being developed by LM and FSX only by third-party addon makers, there will be more and more areas where P3D outsrips FSX in the future.

At the moment it is already more stable and has more graphical options i.e. looks better (cloud shadows is only the most recent addition to that).

So for some, P3D has already sufficiently advanced beyond FSX to switch now, others will make the transition in the months and years to come.

Regards,

Sascha

So, what's the point of moving to P3D if it's the same product with just a little bit of make-up?

Wait for some more time before you make a judgement. There's still a long list of problems, but Prepar3D is in active development. For many people (not all however) Prepar3D 2.2 is much better than FSX, and it can only become better in the future.

Oh please don't humour him/her. Looking at Mr. Tomato's response above, I'd tend to agree... 

P3D is in ongoing development, by a company with plenty of rescourses.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Oh please don't humour him/her. Looking at Mr. Tomato's response above, I'd tend to agree... 

He was just asking a question, seeking people's advice and opinions...that automatically makes him a suspected troll? 

Don't believe everything you read. P3D comes with a generous refund policy, so try it out yourself. I think it is far better than FSX in every way.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

See my reply in the FSX forum. Starting the same topic in both forums smacks of trolling btw...

Nope, no need to imagine "trolling". Remember it is two different forums, two different audiences. 

Nope, no need to imagine "trolling". Remember it is two different forums, two different audiences. 

Wouldn't say it's two different audiences. The majority of people who are using Prepar3D 2.2 are coming from FSX, and many are still using both simulators.

SLI is here now. We are testing it as we speak! 

Wait, what?