Sign in to follow this  
Jessyboy

I'm Disappointed

P3D is in ongoing development, by a company with plenty of rescourses...

Your argument: 4xS3iSW.jpg?1

David, I don't think it's necessary for you to become offensive with your graphics. The OP is only seeking to understand  why would it be viable moving to P3D. Instead of you explaining why you think it's better (examples), you decided to post a picture of garbage? I'm sure the moderators are seeing your behavior.  comprendes?

Since you responded, giving you the benefit of the doubt :P

David, I don't think it's necessary for you to become offensive with your graphics. The OP is only seeking to understand  why would it be viable moving to P3D. Instead of you explaining why you think it's better (examples), you decided to post a picture of garbage? I'm sure the moderators are seeing your behavior.

Well, I understand. What I tried to convey is that the argument is empty, and is pointless.  Not to come off like a ###### of the platform or course. I realize the defects of P3D, But lets not forget how bad FSX was before the Service packs. It seems many people expect it to be completely solid.

That should not have offended you, but I'll retract the photo. 

Edit: they censor "Fan _ boy" here?

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I guess what I would like to see is direct and clear explanations as to why (in what ways and examples), P3D would be (or is), better than FSX. For instance, we test CPUs, GPUs, RAM, etc, etc. And we can clearly tell this CPU is better than that CPU. So far I haven't seen a prove of results of any tests comparing both sims where we can say: "Oh yeah, check this out, this has more horsepower than that, or look, using the exact same add-ons, at the same time in the sim, and the exact same amount of scenery, P3D get's 10 fps more than FSX."

We've talked for ages about not looking at the fps numbers; however, that is there for a reason.. It is a measurement of frames per second. And we know that the less frames-per-second, the less fluid the graphics are. Just as in a vehicle with a speedometer, or an airplane with a speed-flight gauge, etc. You don't get in your car, cover the speedometer and say: "Oh hello, hello my dear folks, I will now drive and if I don't feeeel I'm going fast enough , then I'm not, or if I don't see the tree going by me fast enough, then I'll just keep pressing  the gas pedal." NO!

So, I guess it would be proof to be able to test both sims with the Exact hardware, software, settings, and  add-ons. Then, compare  how each perform. Has anyone in our sim world done that? Or are going to keep saying: " My car is faster than yours."

I guess what I would like to see is direct and clear explanations as to why (in what ways and examples), P3D would be (or is), better than FSX. For instance, we test CPUs, GPUs, RAM, etc, etc. And we can clearly tell this CPU is better than that CPU. So far I haven't seen a prove of results of any tests comparing both sims where we can say: "Oh yeah, check this out, this has more horsepower than that, or look, using the exact same add-ons, at the same time in the sim, and the exact same amount of scenery, P3D get's 10 fps more than FSX."

I don't think everyone who has or is adopting P3D is doing it for performance reasons.

P3Dv2 has a lot of new features, easily researched on the Prepar3d website, http://www.prepar3d.com , or on the hundreds of threads here describing what the differences are.

If everyone was only concerned with frames per second, then we would all be moving back to FS2004. If someone was using FSX and wanted better performance, then they would purchase new hardware, not a new simulator...

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I don't think everyone who has or is adopting P3D is doing it for performance reasons.
S

So you accept poor performance as a norm and there for only interested in the "eycandy" entertainment value? Just asking,

Remember it is two different forums, two different audiences.

That's not accurate at all - audience is very much the same, flight simulation enthusiasts - some get "attached" to a platform which can blind them to some degree.  

Flight simulation software is not for those with very high expectations of perfection -- if you are unable to turn a blind eye it will be a difficult platform for you to enjoy regardless of your platform of choice be it FSX, P3D, XP10.

I have professional grade software that I pay over $4000/yr for that has considerably more issues/bugs than what's been found in P3DV2.x ... not saying this is a good thing, but I am saying as you increase complexity you increase the probability of bugs.  Consoles games are about as close as one can get to "plug and play" but they work in a very controlled (hardware) and limited environment (and remain static for 5 years) but they do meet the needs for those that do have high expectations of "bug free" software.  Not that consoles games don't have any bugs, they do, they're just less and consoles games are also considerably less complex.

So, what's the point of moving to P3D if it's the same product with just a little bit of make-up? I'm disappointed.

Have you purchased and used P3DV2.x?  From your statement it doesn't sound like it.  Your post isn't terribly constructive as you list no details of your disappointment nor how you came up with the idea it's the same product as FSX.  It seems like you haven't even tried P3DV2.x and yet have already passed judgement on it.

What I have seen lately is a rash of "new members" that seem to appear as each new version of P3DV2.x is released ... it's as if they were sent here to do the bidding of someone else's agenda.  It's unfortunate to see this in such a relatively small community on flight enthusiasts.

I recommend you try it first, you can get it as little as $10/mo (just cancel before month is up if you don't like it).

In the meantime, sit back relax and watch some of my P3DV2.x videos ... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2uL2acJA_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poG36BzUBao 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3AGGAflbAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RotpSVYxEto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3vYbTDljEo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdNyyZlBu_k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MUzcP3LpAM

:Peace:

Cheers, Rob.

The sheer number of add ons and hardware available can make direct comparisons a bit of a moot point, but they have been done (I think there are some in the screen shots forum?).

But as I said, just make that $60 (refundable) investment and you'll be able to compare directly on your own system.

Have you purchased and used P3DV2.x?  From your statement it doesn't sound like it.  Your post isn't terribly constructive as you list no details of your disappointment nor how you came up with the idea it's the same product as FSX.  It seems like you haven't even tried P3DV2.x and yet have already passed judgement on it.

Bingo!

You know Jessy. Your going to be chastised to know end by the niche group for simply stating what many others believe also believe. Yes, been using P3er since it inception and have yet to get a warm fuzzy feeling but I am not A MS hater either. Introduse all this eyecandy then you have to turn it off to get as good as performance as FSX. Two types out there. those looking for prettys and those looking for performance . You wont find performance in V2. Asd far as pretties aside from shadows. I dont see much difference from FSX DSX10 using a shader program and ALL my addons work flawless. Thats it for MY OPIONIONS.

S

So you accept poor performance as a norm and there for only interested in the "eycandy" entertainment value? Just asking,

I never said it has poor performance, because I don't think it does.

Prepar3d V2 has more features and eye-candy that requires more processing power, simple as that.

I don't see how anyone can expect to go from DX9 FSX to DX11 P3Dv2 with all the new features and expect the same if not better framerates from the exact same hardware.

It's like we live in a land of unicorns and fairies around here. When's the last time you read a thread that "promised to double your framerates using this one weird trick" then were utterly disappointed because it didn't either do anything or reduce your framerate?

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I have some screenshots in the screenshot forum here, checkout the framerates and bear in mind I have done no tweaking as yet.

I have recently been visiting this forum and the FSX forums, and there's one thing in common that I have noticed. I was hopping P3D would be much better than FSX ; however it disappoints me to go back and forth between forums and see the same topics: errors, crashes, graphics, fps, problems here- problems there, tweaks here, teaks there. So, what's the point of moving to P3D if it's the same product with just a little bit of make-up? I'm disappointed.

I would say many of the "same topics" as you state in regards to errors, crashes, graphics, fps are related to people who did not properly install v2.2 and ran into improper installation issues.  Many of them actually re-installed correctly by following the required procedures and the problems went away.  If you are talking about issues prior to v2.2, then that is a moot point as v2.2 fixed many, many issues.  There still are some issues out there, but that is what v2.3 and beyond will fix, but for the most part the platform is stable.  From what I understand FSX, which I still use on occasion still has issues, but there is no FS10.1 that will be released, EVER.

I also agree with what Rob just mentioned that it is interesting to see "new" forum members coming to P3D forums and raising issues.  To me, some of these do not necessarily seem to be from people that are asking sincere questions, but rather people that wish to raise doubt with potential new P3D adopters by stating that P3D is riddled with issues.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Jessy, why don't you try it? 30 day money back guarantee? You have looked at the refund policy right?

BTW don't change your response, I know it was a question, and I didn't say it was better than fsx. But like I said, go and see for yourself, and give it back once you've made your assessment.

I bid you good luck!

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I never said it has poor performance, because I don't think it does.

Prepar3d V2 has more features and eye-candy that requires more processing power, simple as that.

I don't see how anyone can expect to go from DX9 FSX to DX11 P3Dv2 with all the new features and expect the same if not better framerates from the exact same hardware. It's like we live in a land of unicorns and fairies around here.

It's never been any different, a lot of folks expected FSX to run as fast as FS2004 on their P4's

then threw their toys when it didn't.

Folks as a rule dislike change.