Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

Any software other than EZCA/OpusFSX for VC cameras?

Does anyone know a VC camera creating/handling software like EZCA or OpusFSX working with natively Prepar3D (I mean with installer dedicated)?

I'll try to explain me better. I own EZCA 1.17 for FSX but it has no native installer for P3D and I don't know if it's really working without error, so my choice would have fallen on OpusFSX.

The problem is that Opus has many and many feature and engine weather, but I would only use it for camera views, and I think it's a bit wasted, but it has and installer native for P3D.

So do you know domething else expressely designed to work with P3D?

Thanks in advance for you support.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I couldn\t get ECZA work on a standalone P3D installation, but worked fine with its own p3d.exe when I had FSX installed at the same time. No idea why(the new FSUIPC may have fixed it, but not sure wether ECZA uses FSUIPC). I use ASN as WX-engine, but have no trouble using OpusFSX cameras alongside ASN, all I did was disabling the weatheroption in Opus.

As far as I know, neither need a dedicated P3D installer since these are installed as standalone software and use either simconnect or fsuipc to communicate with the sim. I did not use EMT to install Opus, but I tried both with and without trying to get ECZA working, but no avail.

ASN+Opus cams works perfect:-)

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

I'll try to explain me better. I own EZCA 1.17 for FSX but it has no native installer for P3D and I don't know if it's really working without error,

No need to buy another camera addon, you already have EZCA and it is working fine with P3D2.2

Just add the required lines to your P3D EXE.xml file

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

and grab the updated EZCA.exe from the EZCA forum and drop it in the EZCA directory

Create a shortcut to that exe and use it for P3D

Thanks a lot for your help, do tou mean the beta version of ezca.ece? May I to overwrite existing ezca.exe with the beta?

Doing this can harm FSX version of EZCA?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

No just put it in the EZCA folder along side the FSX version, rename them if you want.something like

EZCA_FSX.exe and  EZCA_P3D.exe and set the paths in each sims exe.xml to point to the relevant exe

That said the P3D version seems to work fine with FSX

You will need the estonia migrator tool to run the EZCA config tool on your P3D aircraft, once run  you can disable virtual FSX again.

If you do not have the estonia tool there is a freeware version that may do the same job, I have never tried it though.

FSXP3DSwitch - Freeware FSX/P3D Migration Tool

http://udidit.ch/

I have tried it now a long time: EZDOK is NOT working for P3D as long as FSX is not installed.

Even with migration tool etc I was not able to make it run properly.

I then installed FSX and EZDOK is working since without any problems (even the Beta file is not needed)

The recommended Exe.xml entry is just to let EZDOK start with the sim, but you could also do that by hand with clicking on EZDOK.exe when the sim is started.

However the Exe.xml is the best solution but has nothign to do if EZDOK is working in P3D or not.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't even bother with the migration tool. I simply copied fsx exe.xml entry for EZDOK and pasted into p3d exe.xml and it starts up and works. Sure I can't config planes at the moment, but all the planes I have, have already been configured in FSX, so theres no need to adjust a whole lot at the moment.  

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I have tried it now a long time: EZDOK is NOT working for P3D as long as FSX is not installed.

Even with migration tool etc I was not able to make it run properly.

I then installed FSX and EZDOK is working since without any problems (even the Beta file is not needed)

The recommended Exe.xml entry is just to let EZDOK start with the sim, but you could also do that by hand with clicking on EZDOK.exe when the sim is started.

However the Exe.xml is the best solution but has nothign to do if EZDOK is working in P3D or not.

This is the problem I supposed, especially when, in a near future, I will only install P3D. I think the best solution now is OpusFSX (best in networked configuration).

Many and many thanks guys.

Riccardo

Hi

Can you please help-where are the fsx exe.xml  and p3d exe.xml   located.I cannot find the in the fsx or p3d folders.

I am not good with file editing. can you please help with few details on how to do the editings.

many thanks

Qas

With TRackir5 you'll never need another viewer.

Just move to the place you want to be and hit the 'pause' function. Simple.

Dave Taylor gb.png

With TRackir5 you'll never need another viewer.

Just move to the place you want to be and hit the 'pause' function. Simple.

I also own TIR5 but a camera addon, I use EZCA, in my opinion is very usefull just not to say mandatory. TIR most of the time goes out of scale and can't access all VC panels in an easy way. maybe you setted it with a proficient profile?

Riccardo

maybe you setted it with a proficient profile?

Yes I did Riccardo. I use a profile available on the Natural Point web site known as 'Seth Flight'.

Fact is that, EZCA although works some of the time fails to be consistent and interferes with the normal views within FSX. My FSinn and ACARS plaguing me with problems.

Dave Taylor gb.png