Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

PC Pilot Magazine and P3D v2

Anyone know why PC Pilot don't write much about P3D v2? Seems strange to me that the only magazine about flight simulators doesn't include the latest and arguably greatest sim on the market?

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

It's a bi-monthly magazine and they are usually a few months behind the curve when it comes to articles about the latest developments.

Well, they should have been knee deep in it by now then, but nothing in the latest issue which I got today...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I picked it up too today, but haven't looked yet.

Like I said, they've never been quite at the vanguard of development and have always been a few months behind. I'm pretty sure I saw some coverage of P3D1 in previous issues.

Why not write to them and ask why there's no coverage?

Anyone know why PC Pilot don't write much about P3D v2?

Perhaps because LM doesn't advertise? 

The purpose of editorial material is to separate the ads. No ads, no articles.

january

Anyone know why PC Pilot don't write much about P3D v2? Seems strange to me that the only magazine about flight simulators doesn't include the latest and arguably greatest sim on the market?

Arguably indeed.

Maybe because P3D is not to be used for home entertainment?

Well that was the eggshell I was avoiding, but you've just trodden right on it... in the P3D forum no less! You're about to get your ears boxed  :wacko:   :lol:

As I said above, I'm almost certain PC Pilot has covered P3D in its news section before, but I don't recall any full P3D articles. Could be as was pointed out LM don't advertise, could be the editors don't want to get into EULA hot water, could be they simply think P3D usage among their readership isn't high enough to warrant articles.

If I had to pick a single reason it would probably be the EULA one. I wonder if Avsim would publish a P3D2 review? Avsim already has a P3D subsection of the forum and carries P3D news on the front page. Surely there must be someone among all the happy P3D2 users here who would be prepared to write a review for Avsim to publish?

We were the first flight sim website to publish an interview with LM about P3D. We have always embraced the Sim platforms and let our audience choose which is for them. If you wish an in-depth review submit a request and am sure it will be looked at.

Sent from my Mobile thing

Maybe because P3D is not to be used for home entertainment?

I scoured the cover of PC Pilot, and nary a word about home entertainment appeared.  There was quite a bit there about flight simulation on PC's.  I think Avsim should use a program automatically ban any user who utters the words "home entertainment" or "EULA" in the same post as the words "P3D" or "Prepar3D".  That horse has been flogged to a death worthy of Game of Thrones.

To those who want me banned just for giving an honest opinion to this post, I was only quoting LM's own remarks on there licence page, with a big Red Cross next to personal consumer entertainment! OK, enough of that!

Anyhow guys, I already own P3D ver's 1.3 and 1.4. and the only reason I haven't upgraded to ver 2+ is that I don't think my modest rig. I5 intel and 2gb gpu will run it!

Regards!