Sign in to follow this  
CCole

Ground Comms

Hi, according to the manual, "Ground from Cockpit" and "Cockpit to Ground" should both work. but only "Cockpit to Ground" does, although "GfC" is being recognized.

Do only I have that issue?

Cheers,

Christian

You're right, I've just tried it and can confirm that the phrase "Ground from cockpit" gets recognized and shown on the green bar, but there's no reaction from the ground crew, whereas "Cockpit to ground" works just fine.

I'm sure Bryan will chime in soon. Maybe something for a next update.

Regards

Oliver

Oliver Branaschky

On the topic of the Video Marshaller, I can't seem to get the video of the marshaller. But that's not your problem, as I assume there are some interferences with my ezca and other stuff, I can live without it right now.

What I'd really like is feedback for verbal command, so I know what he heard without reading the green bar. To give an example:

Me: "Set heading 250"

Him: "Set heading 250" (this part is not there yet)

...setting it...

Him: "Heading 250 set"

Especially with altitudes and headings, there is a large delay between the command and the confirmation after setting the value, when you are not sure which value he will dial in.

Cheers,

Christian

What I'd really like is feedback for verbal command, so I know what he heard without reading the green bar. To give an example:

Me: "Set heading 250"

Him: "Set heading 250" (this part is not there yet)

...setting it...

Him: "Heading 250 set"

Especially with altitudes and headings, there is a large delay between the command and the confirmation after setting the value, when you are not sure which value he will dial in.

That will help a lot. I dont like the green bar.

The delay is only the time it takes the FO to twist the knob to set the new heading, altitude, etc.

Why not just look down on the PFD to see if the heading bug, etc., is changing?

I think it's a matter of crew resource management :) Usually, the PNF would confirm the requested change, so both PF and PNF can be reasonably sure what has been asked and understood.

Especially with the "cancel last command"-order, it would be nice to stop the PNF early when he understood "set FL 20 AltSel" instead of "FL 320" ;)

I think it's a matter of crew resource management :) Usually, the PNF would confirm the requested change, so both PF and PNF can be reasonably sure what has been asked and understood.

Especially with the "cancel last command"-order, it would be nice to stop the PNF early when he understood "set FL 20 AltSel" instead of "FL 320" ;)

exactly, i see the HDG Bug Moving, but i dont know where the PNF stops. It can be to late to react.