Sign in to follow this  
stevenpow

Radar contact 4 and active sky next

I have a question, I use activesky next and radar contact 4 and I have noticed that when i ask for weather before I plan the flight plan into the fmc I get the weather and the takeoff and landing runway. But just before pushback when I talk to ATC he gives me a different  runway with different winds. Same thing happens on the approach i get runway and weather info from atis, but when contacted by ATC i get different  weather and different t runway information. I was under the impression that the weather was recieved from the same source, Am I wrong? I am using FSX with activesky next and radar contact 4. Is there a setting that I am missing? is there a certain way I need to set this up? all help is appreciated.

Thank You

Steven pow

Thank You

Steven Pow

Please see the pinned Active Sky topic for FSX.

At the request of users to get around Global Weather issues, fsuipc uses Active Sky METARS for weather delivery at departure and arrival for RC's delivering weather information.

Are you allowing a few minutes for the AS weather control to update the weather in FSX for departure? Also ASN will progress weather while you are prepping your aircraft.

Runways in RC are assigned by priority using AI patterns first. For departure AI should be stable by the time you get through prepping your aircraft.

For arrival explore setting Destination Weather Lock if still an option in ASN. This prevents the weather from changing at destination as it forces the changing weather environment around your aircraft onto your destination due to the constraints of Global Weather demanded by SimConnect of FSX. In a trade off, arrival based METAR weather information via RC/fsuipc will not match.

So what would be the correct way to set it up? the first thing i do is setup tracker Ir, Then active sky i load the flight plan into active sky and just leave it ther because there is no option or button that says enter so I just minimize. Then I set up radar contact and load the flightplan but do not start it. I then start up my flightbag and then fsx. Once fsx starts up with my pmdg plane at the gate in a cold and dark enviorment i then switch on fs2crew. I then finally start radar contact. Is this the correct way to do this? Are there any options that i need to play with or change in the fsx settings or in the  Fsuipc settings?

So what would be the correct way to set it up? the first thing i do is setup tracker Ir, Then active sky i load the flight plan into active sky and just leave it ther because there is no option or button that says enter so I just minimize. Then I set up radar contact and load the flightplan but do not start it. I then start up my flightbag and then fsx. Once fsx starts up with my pmdg plane at the gate in a cold and dark enviorment i then switch on fs2crew. I then finally start radar contact. Is this the correct way to do this? Are there any options that i need to play with or change in the fsx settings or in the Fsuipc settings?

So what would be the correct way to set it up? the first thing i do is setup tracker Ir, Then active sky i load the flight plan into active sky and just leave it ther because there is no option or button that says enter so I just minimize. Then I set up radar contact and load the flightplan but do not start it. I then start up my flightbag and then fsx. Once fsx starts up with my pmdg plane at the gate in a cold and dark enviorment i then switch on fs2crew. I then finally start radar contact. Is this the correct way to do this? Are there any options that i need to play with or change in the fsx settings or in the  Fsuipc settings?

Thank You

Steven Pow

Make sure your Fsuipc is up to date. When you "ask for weather", is that via the radio-option provided via ASN since you say you get the landing runway? When you load your flightplan in ASN you can take a look at the Briefing-page and make a note of the expected conditions at the departure- and arrivalairport. The weather at the destination may change depending on how long flight you are doing, but the departure weather should normally be closed to what is predicted by ASN-briefingpage when you check the ATIS via RC.

As Ron say, RC will probably need a few moments to stabilise, but if you start RC just after you start FS2Crew I suppose it will take almost 30 minutes before you are ready for taxi, and during that time RC should have been able to do that.

To make sure ASN is working correct you can check the default ATIS in FSX and compare to what you get from ASN. If that differs there might be a problem with the ASN.

If you use add-on sceneries there might be runways closed for take-off and landings that RC is not aware off. If there have been no departures or arrivals when you first contact RC it will only be giving runways depending on the wind. If later there is an AI who is using another runway, RC will change his mind when it's time for you to taxi or start your approach. Make sure to run "makerunways" and rebuild you scenery if you have installed new sceneries.

Regards

Johnny 

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

One word of warning.

In another topic about this combination a user reported that the arrival ATIS given by RC at 50nm to go was not correct .In some cases the upper winds at the destination are reported and not the ground level winds.A quick check of the briefing in ASN shows the correct winds for landing.

I usually ignore the RC ATIS using briefing information to set up the approach backed up by the ASN ATIS for the arrival airport. When landing using this method I have a never had a conflict with AI traffic.The ASN ATIS for the arrival airport is always correct.

If ASN has this feature, try using destination weather lock. Then let RC assign the runway. Destination weather lock will lock weather and keep ai stable in time for RC to properly analyze it. I don't know about ASN but for previous FSX AS versions fsuipc4 it set to deliver the weather to RC by reading the predicted AS METAR, not the measured weather.

See the pinned topic regarding the forced Global Weather mode for external weather apps that use Sim connect for FSX. That's the root of the problem.

By default fsuipc4 acts as described. I do not know if that option can be disabled.

I flew into Bermuda TXKF with the winds reported as 105/14kts in ASN as well as RC4 ATIS stating the active rwy was 12, but the controller wanted to vector me to rwy30.  Odd, but at least I had the option to switch B)

I flew into Bermuda TXKF with the winds reported as 105/14kts in ASN as well as RC4 ATIS stating the active rwy was 12, but the controller wanted to vector me to rwy30.  Odd, but at least I had the option to switch B)

Where was the ai landing?That's first priority if present.

fsuipc4 for AS FSX products reports to RC the predicted METAR conditions, not what is read from FSX. RC may have based its choice on that. As explained, this is the limitation of SimConnect requiring weather worldwide to be global (worlwide) of what surrounds the aircraft position. Therefore the ai pattern, if present might have been off from the predicted METAR that ASN might have reported as well as what was given to RC.