Sign in to follow this  
EmiratesTriple7

Just Flight / CLS 767

Hello.

Today I bought the Just Flight / CLS 767-200/300 with expansion on Just Flight. I cannot seem to find the easy flight model anywhere. Could someone please tell me where it it? THe reason I need it is because when landing, I am flying at 145 kts (as said by FMC) and when I get to 50 ft and I begin to flare, the plane does not and instead "slams" into the ground ar around -1500FPM. How the hell can I land this plane please? I even try flying faster than the given speed, to around 160KTS, with same result. If I try to flare earlier than 50FT to compensate for the slow rising nose, the plane takes off again! I have wasted several hours on this cr@p flying fine, and landing botched. I have already gone through 3 installs.

Thanks for your help,

Alex :-)

PS. BTW is buying it on Just Flight, the same as buying it on CLS? Are they the same? I see the developer is "CLS/Just Flight".

I don't own the 767 by CLS myself, but I did just have a quick look at the CLS forums and it seems you have not been alone with this. It seems that it had something to do with the flight dynamics design of the flight model, however I'm sure someone here could clarify that for me. One of the answers over on the CLS foums mentioned that a service pack had rectified it for them, so that leads me to ask whether you have installed the service packs for the aircraft that are on the Just Flight Support section? Here: http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/767-200-300-series-and-expansion-pack

Give that a go and see if you have any luck, if not contact CLS directly and see what they say.

To clarify your second question, it is indeed the same as buying it straight from CLS; Just Flight merely published it for them. :smile:

If all else fails Level D's 767 is the dog's doo-dahs from what I understand!

Best of luck B)

I don't own the 767 by CLS myself, but I did just have a quick look at the CLS forums and it seems you have not been alone with this. It seems that it had something to do with the flight dynamics design of the flight model, however I'm sure someone here could clarify that for me. One of the answers over on the CLS foums mentioned that a service pack had rectified it for them, so that leads me to ask whether you have installed the service packs for the aircraft that are on the Just Flight Support section? Here: http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/767-200-300-series-and-expansion-pack

Give that a go and see if you have any luck, if not contact CLS directly and see what they say.

To clarify your second question, it is indeed the same as buying it straight from CLS; Just Flight merely published it for them. :smile:

If all else fails Level D's 767 is the dog's doo-dahs from what I understand!

Best of luck B)

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I have all the SP's installed, because it was bought yesterday, everything was installed at once (base, then expansion and then the SP's). Same order after reinstall. I have contacted Just Flight, but I came here because the people here are friendlier than support teams usually :)

I have read about a "easy flight model" but cannot find it anywhere. I have been over the internet any beyond :)

Thanks,

Alex :-)

Just checking the CLS 767 site and looking through the specs it lists "some files for Easy Flight Dynamics" so i would look around in the download for a file labeled FDE that might be added to your aircraft.cfg to make the landings a little easier.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Here is a video explaining how to land it properly. Also, remember that in order to make a good landing you need to start with a good, stabilized approach. It is also helpful to check and make sure that the aircraft is not too heavy to land.

..and if all else fails get the Level-D 767 if you can. It's old but flies like the real thing (within the confines of FSX). An excellent 767 simulator.

Best of luck

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Just checking the CLS 767 site and looking through the specs it lists "some files for Easy Flight Dynamics" so i would look around in the download for a file labeled FDE that might be added to your aircraft.cfg to make the landings a little easier.

I have searched all over for it. I can't seem to find it.

Here is a video explaining how to land it properly. Also, remember that in order to make a good landing you need to start with a good, stabilized approach. It is also helpful to check and make sure that the aircraft is not too heavy to land.

I have watched it a million times over, and have been stabilized on all my approaches, using both visual on some and ILS on others. 

..and if all else fails get the Level-D 767 if you can. It's old but flies like the real thing (within the confines of FSX). An excellent 767 simulator.

Best of luck

Adam

Thanks. I might get the LDS after the release of the PMDG 777-300ERX. :)

charliearon, on 18 Apr 2014 - 1:06 PM, said:

I have searched all over for it. I can't seem to find it.

Apparently it can be found in the "767 Manual" .zip file in the main folder.

Apparently it can be found in the "767 Manual" .zip file in the main folder.

When I downloaded it from Just Flight, it only gave me a .EXE flle, no .ZIP file

When I downloaded it from Just Flight, it only gave me a .EXE flle, no .ZIP file

Quite right, but once you run the installer it installs the 767 into your FSX directory. You'll either find the .zip file in FSX/JustFlight/CLS767 (or similar), or FSX/SimOjects/CLS767 then locate the .zip file in there.

Why solve one problem by moving on to what would probably be an even bigger problem in the end?

what do you mean?

If you do a little forum search on CaptainSim, you'll find out what he means. Hardly any other developer 1) gets so many bad reviews for not really solving any reproted problems/bugs and for poor performance and 2) still polarizes as much as they do, because some people are convinced that CS's work and philosophy is great, and they defend CS even though they're proven wrong.

Quite right, but once you run the installer it installs the 767 into your FSX directory. You'll either find the .zip file in FSX/JustFlight/CLS767 (or similar), or FSX/SimOjects/CLS767 then locate the .zip file in there.

Nope. Not there. There is a manual & paint kit but no easy FDE, and no mention of it in the Just Flight manual for some reason?

DUDE GET THE CAPTAIN SIM 767 MUCH BETTER THAN THE LEVEL-D AND THE CLS here:      http://captainsim.com/products/b767/

Never again CS. Not after their pathetic customer service during a buggy 777.

If you do a little forum search on CaptainSim, you'll find out what he means. Hardly any other developer 1) gets so many bad reviews for not really solving any reproted problems/bugs and for poor performance and 2) still polarizes as much as they do, because some people are convinced that CS's work and philosophy is great, and they defend CS even though they're proven wrong.

I have never moved from one developer (CS) to another (PMDG 777) so quickly :D