Sign in to follow this  
BeechPapa

Real Air Scout v2?

Despite being a bit long in the tooth, the RA Scout Tundra is my favorite bush flying aircraft. It has tons of character, extremely detailed flight dynamics, buttery framerates, is great at short field, and has true IFR capability. The Decathlon/Amphibian/Citabria are also spectacular planes, but I will focus here on the Scout Tundra. This plane fills a gap in the FSX world that no other plane can. It is the only bush-focused tail dragger with IFR capability and polished flight dynamics. There is no other tail dragger for FSX that can land in a 500ft field, allow an ILS capture at a major airport, and also do realistic spins/stalls if you screw up or just want to have fun. The Scout is one of a kind. Has anybody heard anything from RealAir about the possibility for a v2 release? I can only imagine that a Scout v2 with refined dynamics, sound effects, and cockpit effects would be the most magnificent tail dragger for FSX ever – the ultimate bush flyer. I don’t think I would ever get out of it.

I haven't officially, but I think Rob *might* have mentioned the word Scout and v2 in an earlier thread.... don't quote me lol!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Good to hear, but I don't want to get my hopes.... oops, too late, hopes are up already... damn, that was fast. 

Edit: I checked the Duke v2 thread for all instances of the word "Scout" and despite there being plenty of strong interest from users, I didn't actually see anything from Rob or Sean confirming or denying it. 

I recall from that thread that Scout V2 would be considered depending on the work load and success of other V2 projects.  Remember, each one requires a lot of work, and time spent revamping old projects is time not spent bringing new projects to life.  There might be a good bush plane successor project for the Scout (ie Husky, Super Cub, Kitfox, Sherpa Turbine...etc)  I recall Rob saying they hoped to bring all the old RealAir birds up to V2 standard.  Time will tell.

Scout v2, SF-260 v2, and Spitfire v2 would all be awesome releases and be very welcome in my virtual hangar.  I enjoyed the previous FS9 and FSX versions immensely.   I flew the SF-260 and Scout all over the place and were both favorites.

If Scout v2 is to be done, I really hope Citabria and Decathlon would be included.  I think the Citabria has been one of the best 'training' planes in FSX and a fantastic choice for beginners who want to learn 'stick n rudder' flying.  I frequently would use the Citabria for visiting friends and family wanting to try FSX.

I look foward to whatever projects Rob and Sean decide to do.

Cheers

TJ

I recall from that thread that Scout V2 would be considered depending on the work load and success of other V2 projects.  Remember, each one requires a lot of work, and time spent revamping old projects is time not spent bringing new projects to life.  There might be a good bush plane successor project for the Scout (ie Husky, Super Cub, Kitfox, Sherpa Turbine...etc)  I recall Rob saying they hoped to bring all the old RealAir birds up to V2 standard.  Time will tell.

Scout v2, SF-260 v2, and Spitfire v2 would all be awesome releases and be very welcome in my virtual hangar.  I enjoyed the previous FS9 and FSX versions immensely.   I flew the SF-260 and Scout all over the place and were both favorites.

If Scout v2 is to be done, I really hope Citabria and Decathlon would be included.  I think the Citabria has been one of the best 'training' planes in FSX and a fantastic choice for beginners who want to learn 'stick n rudder' flying.  I frequently would use the Citabria for visiting friends and family wanting to try FSX.

I look foward to whatever projects Rob and Sean decide to do.

Cheers

TJ

All the planes you mentioned sound great, particularly the Sherpa Turbine, and I would welcome those just as equally as a bush-focused tail dragger to replace the Scout, as long as it came with the usual IFR suite of Real Air gauges. A Scout v2 would be like a brand new plane to me though. 

If they do the Scout again I hope the Decathalon and Citabria would be included too. The Decathlon is excellent for aerobatics... slow enough to figure out which way is up, realistic enough to actually do some cool looking things, and still smooth enough to be immersive. I've also set beginners up in the Citabria, and recently somebody in the Scout Amphibian who wanted to visit a favorite vacation spot of theirs located by Lake Havasu.

The joy I've gotten from this set through the years is immense.  Exploring the mountains of BC for the first time, lost in storms desperate to find the closest nav aid as the carb ices over, landing at the weirdest off-airport spots... good times.  

I have the RealAir Citabria/Scout/Decathlon package and it's great.  The flight dynamics are so good, I don't think any major changes would be necessary for a version 2...maybe less down elevator required for stall recovery if that's possible with more modern programming techniques.  I'd like to see an updated interior with more wear-and-tear, an updated pilot, and a stall warning that doesn't beep during the takeoff roll (unless the real plane does that - does the real plane's stall warning blare during takeoff roll?). 

My wallet is ready.

I will also happily replace my Citatria-scout package with a V2.....  but P3D ready.....

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

.... a stall warning that doesn't beep during the takeoff roll (unless the real plane does that - does the real plane's stall warning blare during takeoff roll?).

Don't have any Scout time but I never remember the stall warning going off on take-off roll in either the Citabria or Decathlon.  It would usually fly itself off before coming to level attitude with a notch or two of flaps.

The RealAir Scout package was the second add on that I have purchased (last month) since getting back into FSX and I was blown away by the quality of the Scout over the default FSX aircraft. It was so good I got the Legacy now and love it to. I would welcome a Scout V2 with the effects of the Legacy.

This is my first post and I enjoy reading all your posts.   <Salute>

I'd make room in my wallet for a Scout v2 as well.

That said, if they choose to do a Husky instead, I wouldn't be heartbroken!  FSX needs a nice Husky, imo.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I'd like an updated SF-260. I still can't see any panel or nav lights using it in DX10 :(

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Sf260 was cool but the Legacy fits my needs ... I think it was their intended (new fast retract single) replacement for the 260. The 260 is maybe capable if more aerobatic stuff but the Legacy can do some as well.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |