Sign in to follow this  
CaptKornDog

RAAS Override Switch when RAAS Not Installed

Hello all,

I couldn't find this in the manual but if RAAS is not selected (not installed) as a customer option on the 777, what does the GND PROX RUNWAY OVRD switch do on the overhead panel?  Is it more of an inop switch at that point?

Thanks in advance.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Polite bump, I've tried to experiment and flight test this but can't figure it out still. I would have thought without RAAS installed, the switch wouldn't even be there.

Thanks.

Polite bump

Based on the views with a lack of answer, I'm guessing nobody knows.  Since it seems you're bumping in hopes someone official might see it, you might want to raise a support ticket instead so that it's guaranteed to be seen:

support.precisionmanuals.com

Kyle Rodgers

Isn't that switch geared to the GPWS?

If so, it doesn't appear to do anything.  Some 777 customers don't even have the switch installed.

Since it seems you're bumping in hopes someone official might see it, you might want to raise a support ticket instead so that it's guaranteed to be seen.

Nope. I'm bumping it in hopes that ANY knowledgeable user in the community sees it (who might know definitively) before I waste PMDG's time with something that I may have simply overlooked amongst other truly problematic support tickets that require their attention.  However, yes, the next eventual step would be to contact PMDG directly if I still have this question.  Thanks.

Kyle,

I'm pretty sure the switch shouldn't be there if RAAS is disabled - we may have overlooked this in the initial release. I'll put it on the list for SP1.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Kyle,

I'm pretty sure the switch shouldn't be there if RAAS is disabled - we may have overlooked this in the initial release. I'll put it on the list for SP1.

Thanks so much!

Kyle,

So its going to push back the sp1  another  day now :P

Just Kidding

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

That would've been my guess, but I hadn't a clue either way, so I figured I'd pass him on to you through the portal.  Glad you caught it here though.

Kyle Rodgers