Sign in to follow this  
shaddyy

Cabin Altitude Alarm

hello.

i just bought the PMDG T7 the other day and im doing the Tutorial #1 mission and i've run into a snag. Every time i get to my CRZ ALT of FL380 i get the red alarm and beeping of "CABIN ALTITUDE"

ive used the search function which suggested re-installing and i went through with it and i loaded up the same tutorial #1 (started over from scratch) and again when i got to my CRZ ALT of FL380 it went off. 

am i doing something wrong here? im following the tutorial step by step i though i might have forgot to pressurize the cabin. but i don't know. any help would be amazing. 

EDIT: ahh i forgot to turn on the L-pack and R-Pack to my Air conditioning, never mind!  :wacko:

EDIT: ahh i forgot to turn on the L-pack and R-Pack to my Air conditioning, never mind!

haha - yeah, that'll do it.

Also, if you manage to smack the tail hard enough on takeoff, it could cause a depressurization, so if you see this again and you're absolutely sure you have the packs on, check the failures page on the FMC Menu pages.  It will reference tailstrike and a couple other things.

Doing the tutorial is half the battle.  Paying close attention to it is quite another.  I've made my share of boneheaded mistakes from not paying attention, too.  Too err is human, right?

Kyle Rodgers

Too err is human, right?

Yes, but that is why they put two pilots in the cockpit....not two humans!

;-)

Rob Robson

Also, if you manage to smack the tail hard enough on takeoff, it could cause a depressurization, so if you see this again and you're absolutely sure you have the packs on, check the failures page on the FMC Menu pages.  It will reference tailstrike and a couple other things.

Isn't there supposed to be an EICAS message?

scandinavian13, on 18 Apr 2014 - 4:02 PM, said:snapback.png

Also, if you manage to smack the tail hard enough on takeoff, it could cause a depressurization, so if you see this again and you're absolutely sure you have the packs on, check the failures page on the FMC Menu pages.  It will reference tailstrike and a couple other things

Isn't there supposed to be an EICAS message?

By which time if you haven't donned your oxygen mask you'll probably be dead!!

Get into the habit of donning your mask first before you check"anything!"

I meant on tailstrike. You'd hardly be dead of lack of oxygen when you see a tailstrike message on climbout.

I meant on tailstrike. You'd hardly be dead of lack of oxygen when you see a tailstrike message on climbout.

Well, if you took off from La Paz you might :(

Having similar problem.  When doing Tutorial 1, on final to Dubai I get the warning about cabin altitude and passenger oxygen. Looking at the status it indicates cabin altitude is 76000 feet...good thing it was an autoland.  Don't have failures enabled and pack switches are on, so don't know what is going wrong.  Anybody else having a similar issue and can give me some pointers.

Regards

Bob Demarest

Anybody else having a similar issue and can give me some pointers.

ASUS Computer?

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle:

Yes, it's an ASUS MB, system was actually built by Jetline.  This past incident was not the first time it's happened and I've made this same trip on my Alienware when PMDG first released the T7 and don't recall this problem.  But why do you ask if it's ASUS?  Hardware issue?

Regards

Bob Demarest

But why do you ask if it's ASUS?  Hardware issue?

ASUS boards have an issue with the BIOS clock freezing up and throwing all kinds of random errors, this included.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle I have an Asus system and dont seem to have that issue. But I will say that when I jump into Linux then back to Windows I have to reset the clock

Kyle:

Yes, it's an ASUS MB, system was actually built by Jetline.  This past incident was not the first time it's happened and I've made this same trip on my Alienware when PMDG first released the T7 and don't recall this problem.  But why do you ask if it's ASUS?  Hardware issue?

Regards

Bob Demarest

dear bob,

i am experiencing the same issue , (cabin altitude alarm) and i think a bit of the 'PMDG 777 post SP1  issue number 2 '(which is display freeze, aircraft out of control as well).

I have an ASUS sabertooth Z87(since 3 months) and just recently got the "time freeze" issue.  

Like Kyle has mentioned above its the ASUS BIOS CLOCK issue which seems to cause this.

Unless you have a ROG ASUS series board you can resolve this issue simply by going to the asus site and downloading their LATEST BIOS version for your particular mother board. (They released this perma fix just last month and only for NON-ROG motherboards).

Hope updating your BIOS helps !

kind regards,

jaffer

hey bob please note that i just got the FIX and i am still at work and therefore did NOT try the fix i mentioned above ....so please try and let me know if you can ..

i can try the fix only after i get back home from work ..