Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Floor

Is the 777 easy to fly?

A dream of an Airbus ...   :rolleyes:

I just noticed the small print under his name....I guess he was talking real 777.

Rob Robson

Were you talking about the real 777 or the PMDG777?

Real lol I wish.... nope im talking the PMDG version sorry for any misunderstanding ;)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Real lol I wish.... nope im talking the PMDG version sorry for any misunderstanding ;)

Ok, well in that case.......as discussed many many times here on the forums.......the PMDG777 FBW has an error in it. It autotrims for speed like an airbus which is something the real 777 does not do.

It is being fixed as we speak for SP1.

After that, the PMDG777 should still fly more easy than older Boeings, but not quite as easy as it does now.

Rob Robson

Ok, well in that case.......as discussed many many times here on the forums.......the PMDG777 FBW has an error in it. It autotrims for speed like an airbus which is something the real 777 does not do.

It is being fixed as we speak for SP1.

After that, the PMDG777 should still fly more easy than older Boeings, but not quite as easy as it does now.

I like manual flying, when Its possible, so will just have to adjust to see how she handles after SP1

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I've flown both the NG and the 777 full flight training sims - 777 is definitely easier - the yoke is nicer and more ergonomic and it felt like it required less force. The "assists" that the FBW gives you where you don't have to trim for config or thrust changes is very nice too - the only thing you trim for in the real airplane is a change in airspeed. In the NG you're constantly trimming anytime you change anything at all.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I've flown both the NG and the 777 full flight training sims - 777 is definitely easier - the yoke is nicer and more ergonomic and it felt like it required less force. The "assists" that the FBW gives you where you don't have to trim for config or thrust changes is very nice too - the only thing you trim for in the real airplane is a change in airspeed. In the NG you're constantly trimming anytime you change anything at all.

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought.

Also, I might be off at this but, doing touch and goes with the 777 and comparing to the 737, man, the 777 seems at least equally maneuverable as the 737. If I do a 90º turn to final at 140 knots on landing configuration, turning radius on the 777 seems to be the same or even smaller than the 737. I don't know if that's just me, but anyway, 777 has excellent handling characteristics.

Of all current production Boeings, I'd say the 737 is the most difficult to fly. Or let's say, the least easy to fly, I think that's more appropriate.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought.

Also, I might be off at this but, doing touch and goes with the 777 and comparing to the 737, man, the 777 seems at least equally maneuverable as the 737. If I do a 90º turn to final at 140 knots on landing configuration, turning radius on the 777 seems to be the same or even smaller than the 737. I don't know if that's just me, but anyway, 777 has excellent handling characteristics.

Of all current production Boeings, I'd say the 737 is the most difficult to fly. Or let's say, the least easy to fly, I think that's more appropriate.

Big wings help i'd imagine.

Yes, I totally agree :-)

Rob Robson