Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

"Microsoft didn't make it as '..real as it gets..' No, these did--->"

I was just about to go out onto another Dusk flight but saw your post.  Yeppers...works really well.  All programs that were mentioned, are certified DX10 friendly with Steve's commercial Fixer Upper, latest and greatest edition.  (smile).

Yea, I need to buy Steves little gem. I have heard a lot about it. I have just messed with dx10 the hard way LOL. I will have to check the price again. I have to watch my budget as I just started collecting retirement. Geez it seems like I was just 21. Goes by fast. 

Bob

While I agree the 3PD's both freeware and payware have made FS what it is today, I don't think you give MS as much credit as they deserve. If MS didn't build FS as open for 3rd party development as they did, like say the way they made FLIGHT, then none of the 3rd party achievements in FS would have been possible. So I give MS just as much credit and thanks as I do to all the 3PD's for developing the FS franchise as they did. We wouldn't be here otherwise!!! So I think the title of this thread should read more like "Microsoft and the 3rd Party developers, have made FS "As Real as it gets"!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Ah..understood!  Well Bert, when you decide to go with Windows 7...budget as well for Mr. Steve's ticket to FSX completeness, and enjoy what the new O.S. AND DX10 enhancements, will bring to your flights...

Cheers,

Mitch

Just ordered a new custom built system on-line... i5-4670K running Windows 7-64.

Will let you know how I make out!

Bert

Anyone thinking of getting Win7 over Win8? You're being left behind. Win8 runs core graphics and networking more efficiently than Win7. If you don't like the tiled page, ignore it. To be honest, I wouldn't go back to Win7.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Microsoft created the  FSX sandbox, and invited the following to come play in it:

ORBX/FTX:

1. FTX-Global world textures and Custom regions and landclass

2. The newly released FTX Global Lights Control program

3. All custom airports, to purchase, and as well, free-to-download

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is the above combinations of programs into the mix that has given me the most life-like, the most incredible flying immersion and enjoyment, that I have ever had to date, since 1983. It was the Dusk flight an hour ago with all of the above in play, and set to direct and personal tastes/needs, that prompted me to post this thread. Along with the following .cfg file for a system with the following:

I have all of the above addons, but I have to also add Earth Simulations to that list.  I just purchased their Guernsey and Isles of Man, and they are every bit as beautiful as anything that I have by Orbx.

FSX is amazing with all of these great addons (it would be nothing without them), but I've also purchased P3Dv.2, and installed it, although I haven't tried it yet.

I'm too busy flying my Majestic Q400 with the new Airline2Sim training program in the beautiful FSX-Orbx-Earth Simulations environment.

Anyone thinking of getting Win7 over Win8? You're being left behind. Win8 runs core graphics and networking more efficiently than Win7. If you don't like the tiled page, ignore it. To be honest, I wouldn't go back to Win7.

As reported, several of the RXP gauges do not work in Win 8... not exactly what I would wish for..

Bert

Yea, I need to buy Steves little gem. I have heard a lot about it. I have just messed with dx10 the hard way LOL. I will have to check the price again. I have to watch my budget as I just started collecting retirement. Geez it seems like I was just 21. Goes by fast. 

Bob

Bob, if you have Steve's commercial offering....as for DX10...it will be the set-and-forget portal to enjoy all that DX10 brings to the plate. It actually could be called FSX.8 or better. With DX10, you get system wide performance, life-like action upon the water bodies, and a sim smoothness, IF you have the system to carry it through.  My system as stated under DX10, is 30 FPS, and stutter free as per what is happening and asked for via my .cfg file.. That, combined with what all the mentioned programs gives below the wing...and above the tail....has ended once and for all, the quest to mimic reality.  It's there now, upon my monitor....  No need to tweak...but merely to fly...and what a world now is FSX to fly over.... :)

Mitch

Just ordered a new custom built system on-line... i5-4670K running Windows 7-64.

Will let you know how I make out!

...and I will say that I am not responsible for this...to your wife, to anybody! :)

We probably won't hear from you for a month or longer.....sounds like a fab system!!!  Enjoy....and I'm sure that you will.....

Windows 8.1 causes some joystick issues in FSX as far as I am aware.

And honestly, most benchmarks show a tiny improvement in gaming performance over Windows 7, and some times it performs even worse. It's not like Windows 8.1 will solve all performance problems.

I have not used Shade yet either, but am curious how it compares to SweetFX. Or does it compliment it?

Yes, I have this same question as well....

Eric 

Mitch,

Great post! I would add EZdok to your list of must have addons. It's the type of addon that one will use on every flight and the effects alone are worth the setup time and investment.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

As reported, several of the RXP gauges do not work in Win 8... not exactly what I would wish for..

Why, what don't they do? I know all the WinOS calls that don't work in Win8 and can't imagine what an addon, gauge, or installer, is doing using them in the first place. Deprecated calls have been advertised since about '98. Don't forget to tell the programmer or supplier if the software fails to run for some strange reason on any version of Windows.

Windows 8.1 causes some joystick issues in FSX as far as I am aware.

And honestly, most benchmarks show a tiny improvement in gaming performance over Windows 7, and some times it performs even worse. It's not like Windows 8.1 will solve all performance problems.

FSX/P3D is network bound unlike most games and there has been shown an improvement, and if you read posts on AVSIM is seems any improvement is paramount given the tweaking notes around. The joystick issues surrounding FSX/P3D are not a fault of the OS and several threads and posts around the site say that they get Joystick issues with Win7 and FSUIPC. Win7 and FSUIPC are not a cure for joystick issues, proper setup of FSX/P3D is the cure. Why should Win8 solve all problems? Just like owners of WinXP with no more updates, Win7 is going the same way. Win9 out soon and anyone ignoring it is being left behind. Sorry but I will not recommend old WinOSs to my clients.

Hey Mitch!

Thanks for sharing.

Just out of curiosity, what made you choose HiFi over Opus for weather?

Thanks again!

Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Mitch,

Great post! I would add EZdok to your list of must have addons. It's the type of addon that one will use on every flight and the effects alone are worth the setup time and investment.

You are so right...and I do run this program each and every flight. This must be post-included in my critical must have program mix by the reader. THANK YOU for bringing this to mind! Yes this is a must have!

Mitch

Hey Mitch!

Thanks for sharing.

Just out of curiosity, what made you choose HiFi over Opus for weather?

Thanks again!

Well, that I bought both and through my use of

each, see and feel that ASN gives to date the most real, and fastly updated visuals as well as air-feel, to the flight environment to date.