Sign in to follow this  
willstone525

Getting FSX to run on 8.1 windows!

I downloaded and installed v6.0.5840.16386, ran FSX for 45 minutes (PMDG-737 NGX), no CTDs. Prior to using this DLL, FSX would CTD in under 5 minutes of operation (had experimented with multiple aircraft to eliminate the PMDG-737NGX as the cause).

I think I can declare victory at this point, will let you know if otherwise.

Thanks again,

Zach

SteveW,

The CTD is back again but I don't think it has anything to do with UIAutomationcore.dll.

This is the first time I attempted to fly in earnest and I get a CTD after flying for about 5 minutes.  I fly the PMDG 737NGX.  I looked at the Windows event log as you suggested and the faulting module is stated as PMDG_737NGX.DLL and in a separate event, it says "Activation context generation failed" for FSUIPC4.DLL.  The CTD has occurred multiple times and these two events seem to be paired every time but occur a couple of minutes apart.  I would love to give you more information but this forum does not allow me to paste anything and I don't see an option to attach something like a MS-Word document with more log information.

If you can help I would appreciate it.  I tried opening a ticket with PMDG but they tell me they recommend Win7 64-bit and not Win 8.1.  A recommendation is far different than "we will not support it" but you can't fight with city hall !

Thanks,

Zach