Sign in to follow this  
eruan99

Mechanic, Ground com not working

I just bought the very latest version of MCE.

I can't seem to do certain things, I am making a short list.

- Can't seem to find the right command for the FO to check the cockpit, fire tests etc...

- Can't talk to Ground or Mechanic at all. I push the button on joystick, I hear an ongoing beep, try to talk during that and my speech never gets captured during that time.

- Cannot seem to intrerface with tower to get a takeoff clearance.

Any help is hugely appreciated.

- Can't seem to find the right command for the FO to check the cockpit, fire tests etc...

What aircraft is this for?  MCE does support a staggering near-30 aircraft, but some are able to be done to a higher depth than others.

- Can't talk to Ground or Mechanic at all. I push the button on joystick, I hear an ongoing beep, try to talk during that and my speech never gets captured during that time.

You should not beed to push a button, simply in your microphone make the call "Cockpit to ground", or "Cockpit to mechanic" etc. When you press the PTT in the joystick, you are using the ATC comms, in which case MCE goes silent so it does not interpret anything you are saying to ATC.

- Cannot seem to intrerface with tower to get a takeoff clearance

Is this for default ATC?  or are you using a third party ATC program like RC4, VOXATC, etc?

What aircraft is this for?  MCE does support a staggering near-30 aircraft, but some are able to be done to a higher depth than others.

You should not beed to push a button, simply in your microphone make the call "Cockpit to ground", or "Cockpit to mechanic" etc. When you press the PTT in the joystick, you are using the ATC comms, in which case MCE goes silent so it does not interpret anything you are saying to ATC.

Is this for default ATC?  or are you using a third party ATC program like RC4, VOXATC, etc?

Thank you for your reply

- I'm using standard Airbus A321 and Boeing 737-800

- I see regarding the ATC. I tried saying cockpit to ground, cockpit to mechanic. Even though I can see the line recognized on top, it has no effect.

- It's for default ATC.

Hi there.

If you have just purchased MCE then its all quite new.

Reading your post, my first thoughts were, have you installed it fully.

You need to do the voice training (I did this three times. More can not hurt! To be sure)

Allow the MCE program to set up your systems sound variables (it does this at first install), don't touch the installer until its done that.

Under "Tools" run the App Wizard.

Make sure your microphone is sounding ok. Check it in windows control panel. Check the levels. Mine is set on +18 for Boost and Gain. I had no end of trouble until I got a good headset microphone!

If every thing is installed and set up, then you should be able to talk to the ground. Do not use the PTT (Push to talk), just speak any of the below:-

To establish Contact

Ground from flight deck
Ground engineer from flight deck
Ground mechanic from flight deck
Maintenance from flight deck
Engineer from flight deck
Assistance from flight deck
Mechanic from flight deck
Technician from flight deck

To ask ground mechanic to begin push back

Ground mechanic start pushback
Ground mechanic begin pushback
Ground mechanic commence pushback
Ground mechanic start pushback please
Ground mechanic begin pushback please
Ground mechanic commence pushback please
Ground mechanic please start pushback
Ground mechanic please begin pushback
Ground mechanic please commence pushback

To ask ground mechanic to stop push back

Mechanic stop pushback
ground mechanic terminate pushback
Mechanic end pushback
Mechanic cancel pushback
Mechanic discontinue pushback
Mechanic interrupt pushback
Mechanic abandon pushback
Ground mechanic abort pushback
mechanic stop pushback please
Ground mechanic terminate pushback please
mechanic end pushback please
mechanic cancel pushback please
Ground mechanic discontinue pushback please
mechanic interrupt pushback please
mechanic abandon pushback please
mechanic abort pushback please
mechanic please stop pushback
Ground mechanic please terminate pushback
mechanic please end pushback
mechanic please cancel pushback
Ground mechanic please discontinue pushback
mechanic please interrupt pushback
mechanic please abandon pushback
Ground mechanic please abort pushback

To ask ground mechanic to push left, right or straight back
Technician Pushback straight
Mechanic Pushback straight back
Technician Pushback left.
Mechanic Pushback to the left.
Technician Pushback right.
Technician Pushback to the right

In all above commands, the word “pushback” can be replaced with “the pushback”, “the push” or simply “push”, to give you countless other options.

To relieve ground mechanic from his duties

Mechanic you may disconnect now.
ground mechanic you may leave now, Thanks.

MCE is a clever piece of kit.

Hope you get set up soon

Cheers

David

Thanks David,

My speech is recognized by MCE because the words appear in red in the top left corner of the screen. I'm using FSX. Is the mechanic etc a part of FSX or X-Plane?

Even though the speech is recognized, nothing follows for some odd reason.

Thanks,

Evgueni

Thanks David,

My speech is recognized by MCE because the words appear in red in the top left corner of the screen. I'm using FSX. Is the mechanic etc a part of FSX or X-Plane?

Thanks,

Evgueni

You can't use MCE with X-plane.

As for for commands not executing, make sure your "License.key" (not License(1).key or any other name) file is sitting inside \Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder. Sometimes users rename it to something else by accident, which puts them back to Demo mode.

Thanks David,

Thanks,

Evgueni

Another thing to check....

Be aware, if WIndows UAC is enabled, and you are allowed to keep it that way, there are 2 conditions that must be satisfied.

MCE MUST BE installed to default \Program Files...\ folder

fsx.exe MUST BE set to run as administrator. Right-click "fsx.exe", select <Properties>. Go to <Compatibility> tab and make sure option "run this program as administrator" is ticked.

Without the above UAC will prevent MCE comminicating with the sim.

If you want to install MCE anywhere, UAC must be disabled.

You can't use MCE with X-plane.

As for for commands not executing, make sure your "License.key" (not License(1).key or any other name) file is sitting inside \Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder. Sometimes users rename it to something else by accident, which puts them back to Demo mode.

Another thing to check....

Be aware, if WIndows UAC is enabled, and you are allowed to keep it that way, there are 2 conditions that must be satisfied.

MCE MUST BE installed to default \Program Files...\ folder

fsx.exe MUST BE set to run as administrator. Right-click "fsx.exe", select <Properties>. Go to <Compatibility> tab and make sure option "run this program as administrator" is ticked.

Without the above UAC will prevent MCE comminicating with the sim.

If you want to install MCE anywhere, UAC must be disabled.

Thanks Gerald!

I checked and the license is indeed in the right folder.

MCE is installed in default directory and UAC has been disabled ever since I installed Windows. I always turn it off asap. The FSX executable is set to Run as Admin.

A lot of MCE commands work, I can do a lot of stuff like checklists, most cockpit items but the flight deck to ground or mechanic don't seem to want to work :/

A lot of MCE commands work, I can do a lot of stuff like checklists, most cockpit items but the flight deck to ground or mechanic don't seem to want to work

There are conditions in place to prevent mechanic popping-up by accident.

Assuming you are running one of the latest versions, if all engines are running, MCE assumes the command was given (detected) by accident. You must shut at least one engine down.

Also, to make sure your "mce.ini" config file is in synch with latest releases, restore MCE to factory settings

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings.

That will force you to go through the wizard. No need for speech training though.

There are conditions in place to prevent mechanic popping-up by accident.

Assuming you are running one of the latest versions, if all engines are running, MCE assumes the command was given (detected) by accident. You must shut at least one engine down.

Also, to make sure your "mce.ini" config file is in synch with latest releases, restore MCE to factory settings

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings.

That will force you to go through the wizard. No need for speech training though.

The engine shut down might actually do it, I'll try tomorrow and come back here to tell the results.

Yes, that was the issue indeed. Once the engines are shut off, I can talk to mechanic. Thanks FS++!

One last quick question. I know you can give cabin crew commands, like prepare for takeoff/landing, open cabin doors. Is there anything else they are supposed to be doing?

I know you can give cabin crew commands, like prepare for takeoff/landing, open cabin doors. Is there anything else they are supposed to be doing?

As far as interaction with aircraft is concerned, they only operate the doors or react to a set of instructions commonly used by real world airlines.

The recorded FA voice packs are very thin compared to the huge FO packs. So, don't expect them to react to anything unexpected.

However, if you happen to have at least one good quality TTS voice, you could script endless virtual conversations with the FA about anything.

Check this thread and see how Dr Vesuvius managed some intimate chat with his hostess.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/411422-lets-fly-zen-and-the-art-of-airline-piloting/

Note: We aren't responsible for any marriage breakdown that could result from the misuse of this feature. It could drive your wife or girl friend mad.  :P