Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

Blurry Picture

Ya so I was using DX10 FSX with NVI and my picture was great, but I just installed PPv2.2 and the picture is very blurry, not clear and I dont mean textures not loading. I messed around with AA in the PP3Dv2.2 UI but nothing seems to work, should I disable all that stuff and just use Nvidia inspector?

Cheers

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I have today installed P3D and have spent hours messing around with this same issue. Just not a sharp image. Also, when I turn off HDR to improve performance, I lose all the contrast in the image and everything looks like I'm seeing things through a slight haze. BTW, none of this is helped by being unable to get Vsync to work in P3D, in Nvidia Inspector or through D3D Overrider!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Strange guys. Can you post your settings? I have a bottom range rig but I have no blurries, great picture and smooth sim

Sent from my Mobile thing

I lose all the contrast in the image and everything looks like I'm seeing things through a slight haze.

Try turning off FXAA if you have it on.

gb.

none of this is helped by being unable to get Vsync to work in P3D, in Nvidia Inspector or through D3D Overrider!

It works fine for me if I can get above 60 FPS.

Forget about setting it in NI or Overrider for the moment.

Set Vsync on in P3D (and maybe tripple buffering) and reduce P3D settings to get above 60 FPS and see if it kicks in.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi guys !

Based on my own experience, despite strong hardware you can mount, watch for your water quality slider !

It eats a huge amount of processor work and causes the hated blurrie texture problem even over hi FL !

I have set it on LOW end suddenly blurrie is disappeared..

Hmm, OK, I don't wish to sound  dismissive, but all I seem to be doing with P3D is winding down all the settings to get it to run properly!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hmm, OK, I don't wish to sound  dismissive, but all I seem to be doing with P3D is winding down all the settings to get it to run properly!

To be fair Howard you are pushing a few pixels there.

I find it great on one 24".

Add two more 24s and I have to wind things back quite a bit.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

To be fair Howard you are pushing a few pixels there.

I find it great on one 24".

Add two more 24s and I have to wind things back quite a bit.

gb.

Sure, I appreciate what you're saying matey, but in FSX the extra few pixels only had a hit of about 8%, not a lot. So far, since yesterday, I have tried every possible combinations for Vsync and different P3D sliders and still have bloody awful performance compared to FSX. I mean flying with autogen turned to normal, FXAA off, Tessalation off, LOD turned right down, water on low and no shadows anywhere, not terrain, aircraft, nowhere and it still gives crap performance, not just frames but blurrries and stutters. eg, around KSFO I could never get anything smooth with frames barely above 19, the same with KSEA. This is with all the turned down settings as described and flying with fair weather theme!! It's just rediculous. Something must be amiss somewhere.

Howard

Sure, I appreciate what you're saying matey, but in FSX the extra few pixels only had a hit of about 8%, not a lot. So far, since yesterday, I have tried every possible combinations for Vsync and different P3D sliders and still have bloody awful performance compared to FSX. I mean flying with autogen turned to normal, FXAA off, Tessalation off, LOD turned right down, water on low and no shadows anywhere, not terrain, aircraft, nowhere and it still gives crap performance, not just frames but blurrries and stutters. eg, around KSFO I could never get anything smooth with frames barely above 19, the same with KSEA. This is with all the turned down settings as described and flying with fair weather theme!! It's just rediculous. Something must be amiss somewhere.

Howard,

Have you deleted the Prepar3D.exe profil in NI? If not try it

Try also AffinityMask=14 or 15 with HT off. I was getting blurry textures after 30 minutes but this helped

Michael 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Howard,

Have you deleted the Prepar3D.exe profil in NI? If not try it

Try also AffinityMask=14 or 15 with HT off. I was getting blurry textures after 30 minutes but this helped

Michael 

Hi Michael, sure, I've tried all that but with little success. I will have another go later today, cheers. BTW, adding affinity mask set at both 14 and 15 made no difference to anything!

Howard

I understand that you are trying every combination.

With your video card tessalation should be on Ultra especially with lower other settings.

gb.

I understand that you are trying every combination.

With your video card tessalation should be on Ultra especially with lower other settings.

gb.

Thanks, I'll try again later today, cheers.

Howard

Well, me thinks it's back to FSX! Just tried a flight from Bella Cool, so virtually nil autogen, with average settings throughout, with min cloud shadows, and when I loaded a cloudy Orbx weather theme, the sim dropped to a stuttering mess with barely 8/10 frames!

Howard

Howard. I sympathise. I went from Fsx to P3D v1.4 then tried P3D v2.2. Admittedly my system is now quite lowly (i7 o/c to 4.2 and GTX480) but I couldn't fly with any of the goodies turned up so I'm going to ask for a refund. At the moment I'm having pleasing success with FSX DX10. It's smooth and I love the cabin shadows AND I can still use my FSX planes and scenery! I'm sure P3D is the future, but need to upgrade hardware first. Best wishes in finding a solution.

Pete

Howard. I sympathise. I went from Fsx to P3D v1.4 then tried P3D v2.2. Admittedly my system is now quite lowly (i7 o/c to 4.2 and GTX480) but I couldn't fly with any of the goodies turned up so I'm going to ask for a refund. At the moment I'm having pleasing success with FSX DX10. It's smooth and I love the cabin shadows AND I can still use my FSX planes and scenery! I'm sure P3D is the future, but need to upgrade hardware first. Best wishes in finding a solution.

Pete

I agree Pete. It seems a step backwards for me. My FSX has been a gem, smooth as silk in most scenarios with almost no OOM's, and relatively well behaved. So I have a lot to sacrifice and fail to see any benefits. If it means running at low settings on everything, just to get the thing to run then I really can't be bothered. It's hardly the fact that my rig is not capable, I mean let's get real, 4.6Ghz with a GTX770 4Gb! My rig's hardly a slouch.

Howard