Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

P3Dv22 better under Windows 8/8.1 ?

Since DierctX11 is better supported in Windows 8, does P3DV22 perform better there?

Was considering a total migration event (will not appear in National Geographic )

Would rather migrate while P3DV2x is still young than to wait until it is old and heavy with the sin of developers :O

I may well be the first to get comparitive tests on this if I do that today, but these comparisons are quite time consuming, with somewhat irreproducible micro-conditions leading to micro-differences....

Considering getting the one-time $10 monthly to try it out there without dismantling my present state in Win7.64

I cannot offer any direct comparisons, but I have a new machine running 8.1, and have had no operating-system-caused problems.  From my experience with FSX on Windows 7, I am always surprised when I mistakenly try something that would choke (and crash) FSX and 7, but P3D 2.2 and 8.1 just shrugs it off.  Very smooth.  

The only possible OS related problem I have is the occasional, and seemingly random, disconnect of my CH yoke and CH pedals.  Not sure if the is OS, driver, or P3D related,

Mark