Sign in to follow this  
deetee

The AXE-man cometh...

To clarify, I also have FTX Global and FTX Vector.  Also had lots of payware airports... I don't think I have ever been "stutter free" but it is smooth enough.  Even on my 4770K and GTX 780 system I get occasional stutters.

Guys, this is not a system performance issue, the AXE works smooth as butter for me. Only after 1 hour+ does it start to stutter badly.

Other aircraft such as the iFly do not suffer from this.

I will continue to test after my reinstall.

Guys, this is not a system performance issue, the AXE works smooth as butter for me. Only after 1 hour+ does it start to stutter badly.

Other aircraft such as the iFly do not suffer from this.

I will continue to test after my reinstall.

Dave, silly question but do you have the latest installer, etc?  When I first installed AXE I had issues as well... half of the displays would not come on.  When I reinstalled P3D it now magically works pretty much 100%.

To clarify, I also have FTX Global and FTX Vector. Also had lots of payware airports... I don't think I have ever been "stutter free" but it is smooth enough. Even on my 4770K and GTX 780 system I get occasional stutters.

Just out of curiosity, which version of the Orbx libraries do you have installed?

Mine is working OK so far with the Oct 2013 version.

I may be on a wild goose chase but please humour me. :)

Whatever the most recent one is. All orbx stuff is working well although personally am not impressed with Vector.

Good day gentlemen and gentlewomen.

I have tried to work out this Freezing AXE on P3D 2.2 problem since.. 2.2, actually.

Stripping every add-on and mesh and whatever, only gave a temporary placebo result. Ok for a while, then frozen again. (down to around 0.4 FPS)

Obviously I realize that Airbus X is not yet fully compatible with P3D 2.2, but why let a thing like that stop me?

A solution which has so far worked for me and my partly ageing rig (GTX 680 4GB, and very overclocked AMD x6  3.4 MHz Phenom) is:

1. Disable or move your Airbus X folders into temporary folders, so you can quickly return to normal if this doesn't work for you(!) and

2. don't bother to un-install your installed version.. Just re-install over the top...

3. BUT not the 1.19 version or the ASC fix. There seems to be something in there that P3D 2.2 disagrees with.

4. The version which works perfectly (for me) is 1.16. Just as it is.

PS. Mess about with configurator too, to reduce stuttering (see thread "Strange Stutter Problem" 31st May 2014)

I'd love to know if this is of help. More tests needed.

I have maxed-out settings for several hours at a time and only had one fatal error whilst multi-tasking during a landing at EBBR from EGKK With max Ultimate Traffic 2 working as well.

(Migration Tool is a magic addon!!) :P

Deepredson

I think it may have something to do with the latest Orbx libraries, I will test some more... 

​I also noticed immediately after installing Orbx libraries messed up my P3D - did a new install of P3D used Their latest libraries and have not had a problem since - make sure you are using Their latest they came out about 2 weeks ago 

Rich Sennett

Thanks Richard. Even more testing. Good thing it fascinates us enough to do it.

Deepredson

Had the same problem. If I run P3d v2 as an administrator, the stuttering is limited and does not get worse, and you can finish the flight (even if it takes 2+ hours) . No hotfix 19 nor asc.dll change installed. AXE installed through the Estonia migration tool.

Outrageous by the way that after 6 months there is still no P3d v2 compatible installer. Most of their customers will be flying P3d and they still prioritize legacy products. Amazing business decision if you ask me. I hope they wake up soon.

Had the same problem. If I run P3d v2 as an administrator, the stuttering is limited and does not get worse, and you can finish the flight (even if it takes 2+ hours) . No hotfix 19 nor asc.dll change installed. AXE installed through the Estonia migration tool.

Outrageous by the way that after 6 months there is still no P3d v2 compatible installer. Most of their customers will be flying P3d and they still prioritize legacy products. Amazing business decision if you ask me. I hope they wake up soon.

Considering this was one of the first products to actually work on P3D V2 when first released ,and also considering the fact that it was not originally made for FSX... and many other 3rd party groups have yet to support P3D in any way, shape or form... I kindly disagree. 

If anything my impression is that Aerosoft offered exceptional support to work through most of the bugs.