Sign in to follow this  
htuna

Is there a master list on FSX / P3D compatibility?

This is an expensive hobby, even if you buy most of your add ons on sale!.. But still.. I notice that when ever I install/resintall add ons.. some will ask me if it's for FSX or P3D.. Think I remember seeing that on ORBX and Carenado?

I'm just wondering if there is a master list somewhere. I do NOT on P3D at this time.. but I assume at some point I will have to make the move. When that happens I would prefer to have invested in add ons that can be installed there as well..

Two add ons I don't own yet are Active Sky Next and Rex 4 (but have been eyeing).. I have Rex 2 with OD, but don't remember what that said at installed time.. I'm just thinking, before sinking the money into them, I want to know if they will work on the other side.

Other ones I"m curious are Real Air, A2A and Aerosoft. Milviz, I think I already saw elsewhere said not compatible.

Carenado's are 'pretty'.. but the planes I fly more are the Real Air/A2A/Milviz..

FTXG and REX 4 are the best addons ever made for FSX and they work on both platforms.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thanks on the REX 4.. I might hop on that, since I know it's safe...

I think FTXG is out of my price range.. I have US GEX (which I don't think works - again.. I'm not hopping over now or anything, I just want to have that option if/when I do)..I do have Pacfic NW and Rockies.. and a few airports..and I love them.. glad to know they'll go on both sides..

I've also been eyeing the flight 1 b200.. but looking online, it looks like that is a negative..

in the p3d forum there used to be a stickied thread that listed for most of the major addons if they worked, worked with tweaks, or weren't allowed to work, etc.

can't seem to find it stickied there now but maybe if you search around in there it would turn up.

for specific things you asked about, ASN has a p3d version that is in beta. a2a, the 172 i think is mostly working, the 377 was functional but had some issues with the night lighting when i tried it,... that was v2.0 not 2.2 though it may have been addressed since then..

ultimately your best source of info will be the developer sites themselves, nowadays i think that is a pretty common question people are asking

cheers,

-andy crosby

We are in the process of redoing our product line so that they're P3D v2+ native and work properly.

Once each one is done we will be offering our existing customers the option of getting the v2+ version for a small fee.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Yeah.. I looked over in the P3D forum, but didn't see any 'lists'.. I saw Froogle using ASN and Rex 4 last night, so guess they are good...

Thanks.. just don't want to sink a lot of money into investments that won't 'carry over'.

in the p3d forum there used to be a stickied thread that listed for most of the major addons if they worked, worked with tweaks, or weren't allowed to work, etc.

I've re-pinned the thread in the Prepar3D forum, but it remains locked.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/426926-p3d-v2-master-compatibility-list-closed/

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator