My current system specs are as followed:

Windows 8.1

CPU

AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.40GHz

MEMORY

8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

GPU

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 TI SSC

I'm under an ongoing upgrade and I'm replacing the CPU next and the GPU following that. I am thinking of getting the new i7 4770K along with the h100 cooler from Corsair (planning to do some slight OCing). Will I notice much of a performance increase in FSX/P3D and X-Plane with swapping these processors alone?

You might want to read this page (bottom half has 5 top processors

http://www.computershopper.com/components/processor

seems the 4770 is more like an onboard graphics upgrade to the 3770, but then it might also be cheaper than the 3770

Get the K series for unlocked use

allen

Not much price difference between the both, so I'm gonna go for the 4770k if I upgrade, I just wanted to know if there will be a performance increase or would I be wasting my money on it.

The newer chips might be out on May 10

Just 3 weeks away

They have better heat dissipation  so Id wait

AND they are said to be the same price bracket, as they are refined 4770s sorta speaky die Dutch

myself, also interested in the 4770K, .......WILL WAIT

That soon? I don't really pay attention to hardware cycles, just tend to buy what is good at the time I'm looking :)

I'll try and read up and see if its worth waiting.

It seems though that the Broadwell changes aren't huge as there is no architecture changes.

It not architecture but heat dissipation improvement (i.e. = OC to almost 5G? maybe)

The 5930K?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Haswell refresh isn't going to offer much more in terms of performance is it though?

Anything definite on the die/IHS interface? Rather than speculation.

From what I read, it's going to be "Devils Canyon" that has a better IHS/Die interface, NOT Haswell refresh.

Haswell refresh isn't going to offer much more in terms of performance is it though?

Anything definite on the die/IHS interface? Rather than speculation.

From what I read, it's going to be "Devils Canyon" that has a better IHS/Die interface, NOT Haswell refresh.

Devils canyon and refresh are one and the same, Devils Canyon is the code name for the K series processors which should be out this summer.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I thought they were different...

http://techreport.com/news/26317/here-are-the-specs-and-prices-for-intel-haswell-refresh-cpus

Here are the specs and prices for Intel's Haswell Refresh CPUs

6:00 AM on April 15, 2014

With little fanfare, Intel has let slip the official specifications and pricing for its Haswell Refresh CPUs. This is just a speed bump, folks—in most cases, no more than an extra 100MHz at the same price point. That's something, I guess.

And later in the article...

Of course, these aren't the only new Haswell processors Intel has in store. As part of its renewed commitment to desktop PCs, Intel is readying a couple of more exotic CPUs based on current silicon. A product codenamed "Devil's Canyon" will feature an improved thermal interface designed to improve overclocking headroom, and we're also due to get a 20th anniversary edition of the Pentium. Both of those processors will have unlocked multipliers, and they're expected to arrive mid-year.

So devils canyon comes after Haswell refresh.