Sign in to follow this  
maf

Why I hate FSX more and more

It's FSX code and architecture that is being extended and modified.

All of it is a play on FS2000 released years ago so your not saying much here.  FSX is basically FS9 with better graphics and it seems many were fine with that, why is it an issue with P3D v2???  The easy answer to this is this is not the real reason for an issue... Even if the sim is transferred over to 64bit the look of it will be a play on past versions.  Your not going to get an Outerra engine from the MS Flight Simulator franchise just the same P3D is now the Lexus to the Honda which is FSX.  With version 2.2 you have to all but stick your head in the sand not to notice the difference in performance, stability and look of P3D over FSX.  That's what many are doing and preaching but for those that don't drink the cool-aide they can try P3D for themselves and see right away the bull people are selling them.   There are those among us that are hostile to the mere thought of switching to something after the time they've put into FSX over the years.  FSX today is stable for many who have put in the time to find the right tweaks, DX10, forum scouring for what would work with their system and the countless add-ons bought from 2007 until now.  P3D's stability and ease of use is not enough after 6-7 years of tireless effort to get FSX to run right.  If it's not a total rebuild looking different in every way why bother.  Perfectly understandable just the same let's keep it real versus spreading the same static opinion of P3D like it's still on version 1.  Version 2.2 is out and is not FSX, it's a hell of allot better plain and simple in every way.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

All of it is a play on FS2000 released years ago so your not saying much here.  FSX is basically FS9 with better graphics and it seems many were fine with that, why is it an issue with P3D v2???

Dillon,

I was responding to the point of the OP as to whether the type of issues would go away with P3D, which was to make a point that there are so many third-party add-ons contributing to the complexity of problems that can arise with the architecture of FSX, P3D.  That architecture hasn't changed.  P3D v2.2 and beyond can still have issues caused by something indirectly related to P3D.  I'm fully aware of all the improvements in P3D related to the sim itself.

As an example, after installing ASN, I had strange issues with my frame rates that were tied to a setting I had in FSCopilot.  Change, the setting in FSCopilot and ASN plays nice in the sandbox.  That same type of issue could easily affect P3D just as it did FSX.

I'm not really sure if you're suggesting that I'm spreading "bull", "hostility" or some ill-conceived "static opinion".  I wasn't suggesting to the OP that he shouldn't get P3D, I was suggesting that he doesn't get it if he thinks those type of issues will magically go away.  As for my own plans, I will move to P3D at the point where I can legally use specific add-ons I currently use in FSX.  I'm not a hater. 

Say, aren't you the guy who skipped FSX altogether?  You sound a bit to me like a guy who is continually trying to justify that move.  Just sayin'.

-Chris

Chris Lundberg

Hmm. I believe P3D to be an excellent venture. What is needed is extended memory support, shift more process loading from CPU to GPU, and efficient use of multicore processing. Including use of hyper-threading. Time will tell if LM can accomplish these with FSX as the base code structure.

Willym,

Are you being funny or... cuz with the exception of extended memory support (your way of saying 64bit)... everything else you stated is in place in the current Prepar3D version.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

OP you should seriously consider switching to P3D 2.2.  At least you can take all of the config tweaks out of the equation because you won't need any.  The platform is very stable and the graphic are now superior to FSX.  It also is supporting SLI....  See you on the other side.

Should switch to X-plane or Flight Or DCs or or or... No matter what, your going to have obstacles.

I am in no way trying to put off LM, they are doing excellent work. And all the FS platform developers the sam   e  (X-Plane, DCS, Rise of Flight, and more!). We all have to be cognizant though, that LM is attempting to re-vamp 12 year old code. This is a daunting task. My best wishes to all.

I have been flying both FSX and P3D about 50% each lately and P3D is giving better performance, better graphics, and more stability in general.  The only thing that I see that FSX has better than P3D is more add-on products are available.  However, more add-on products are converting over to P3D, so eventually that will be solved.

By the way, it is kind of strange to see four people on this thread that are from the Minneapolis area. (Dillon, Chris, Willym, and me)

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

By the way, it is kind of strange to see four people on this thread that are from the Minneapolis area. (Dillon, Chris, Willym, and me)

What's strange about it?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

What's strange about it?

Not strange in a bad way, I guess I just have never seen that number of Minnesotans on a thread.  Kind of a good thing to see is all.  :smile:

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Looking at it all, LM has been doing some very good things, We have every reason to be feeling very positive today. thx :}

Why I hate FSX more and more

I've been enjoying it for 8 years and love it more and more.....

I feel blessed and very fortunate to have such an amazing flight simulator that gives me so much pleasure.

FSX is gonna put me in a mental institution one day.. Maybe I should switch to P3D??

I know this is off topic but just wanted to pass on a friendly reminder that we have changed our signature policy again and we are kindly asking everyone to please put their system specs and flight sim information in their respective "My Profile". More details can be found at the following link - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436632-new-signature-rules/ or under the Forums tab above. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

It does stop the spikes the only thing adding this does is it can make turning slightly stutters when on the ground...

I know this is off topic but just wanted to pass on a friendly reminder that we have changed our signature policy again and we are kindly asking everyone to please put their system specs and flight sim information in their respective "My Profile". More details can be found at the following link - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436632-new-signature-rules/ or under the Forums tab above. I see you already have your "My PC" already set up so it's just a simple matter of removing the info from your signature.  Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Also, you need a reject threshhold if you have Usepools=1. RT is missing from your cfg. 

Taken care of. Thank you!

P3D is not the panacea for your FSX ills.  It's FSX code and architecture that is being extended and modified.

With all the trouble ive had with FSX I have a hard time believing this, because:

OP you should seriously consider switching to P3D 2.2.  At least you can take all of the config tweaks out of the equation because you won't need any.  The platform is very stable and the graphic are now superior to FSX.  It also is supporting SLI....  See you on the other side.

This is what I see ppl write about it alot.. 

I've been enjoying it for 8 years and love it more and more.....

I feel blessed and very fortunate to have such an amazing flight simulator that gives me so much pleasure.

Good for you. Ive spent more time figuring out CTDs and weird problems like never before. FS9 was heaven in comparison. I just 

cant quit due to good add-ons (like 737NGX)

The last 6-8 months have been "stable", because I had to add a scenery library entry in the CFG

warning me everytime I had a scenery file missing while flying, so it wouldnt CTD on me.. 

Yes, I really hate it more and more, because for me, its been more work than fun.

Yngve Giljebrekke
ENZV NSB

Good for you. 

Yes, I really hate it more and more, because for me, its been more work than fun.

Well, then, uninstall it and move on.  :wink:

There are two types of people around here;  those who encounter problems, and calmly and politely ask for help and advice until their problem is resolved......

......and those who encounter problems and put the parades and fanfares out, and create a big drama.

The first type tend to have a lot more fun.