Sign in to follow this  
davidzill

Nvidia 337.50 Beta drivers

Has anyone downloaded the new 337.5 Beta drivers? Nvidia is touting major performance gains in several games, claiming that the gpu will take a bit of the load of the CPU, thus increasing game performance.

The reason I am posting this is because I performed a clean install of the beta drivers, and noticed something a little peciliuar, specifically in the NGX. I use nvidia inspector and use the settings most people use, 8SQ with 2SGSS. I'm getting "jaggies" around edges of 3d objects in the cockpit, maybe it was there in the previous up-to-date driver, but it seams much more obvious now. Has anyone else experienced this?

***Update***

These jagged lines are most noticeable on the overhead panel around the raised lighting and wiper panel areas.

Hi there,

Others will be able to confirm, but there hasn't been any significant (or any at all) performance gains with updated nvidia drivers.

Regarding your second point, remember that installing a new driver will default the nvidia inspector settings, so one has to go an set them again. OR import a saved profile which takes seconds.

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hello David,  I am no expert on these matters but I think your 580 card is maybe on the low side for the 337.5 driver. I have a 700 card and using the 335.2. On the question of jaggies I have mine set at 8xSGSS and no jaggies at all.  Hope this helps.  Richard Welsh.

After a driver update, you may have to re-apply your N.I. setting for FSX. I believe it resets all settings after you update.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I have a 790 now, i need to update my signature. I did indeed update my N.I. settings after the driver install, these jaggies would be horrendous if i didn't.  Regarding 8XSGSS, Im guessing you take a massive performance hit?

I have a 790 now, i need to update my signature. I did indeed update my N.I. settings after the driver install, these jaggies would be horrendous if i didn't.  Regarding 8XSGSS, Im guessing you take a massive performance hit?

Only in extremely overcast cloudy conditions you'll notice a stutter.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

*780. I took an 18fps hit flying through clouds at 8SGSS. My initial post on here I was mistaken. I had NI set to 2 supersampling, not 2SGSS. So I experimented between 8SGSS and 2SGSS and fond the difference visually unnoticeable, however there was a massive performance difference.