Sign in to follow this  
Avwriter

Problem with uncommanded flap deployment

Hi,

I have recently begun having problems with sporadic, uncommanded flap deployments on both the 777 and the NGX.  The problem is likely on my end, but I wanted to post here to see if anyone else has encountered this, or has suggestions on troubleshooting it.  Here is a summary of what I am experiencing:

1. After certain keystrokes ([open ATC window] and [pause simulation]), the flaps will fully extend.  This does not happen consistently every time I used these keystrokes, but only sometimes.  However, every time that it has occurred, it has been immediately after I have executed one or the other of these keystrokes.  This has happened multiple times on both aircraft (777 and NGX).  So far, I have been unable to duplicate the problem using FSX default aircraft, or other add-ons.  As I said, the problem is sporadic to it is difficult to verify.

2. The problem has happened both on the ground and in flight.

3.  The problem began recently, shortly after I installed the ASN for the 7-day trial.  I have no idea if this is related, but I will be posting this in their support forums as well.

4. I had been using the default keyboard commands for these actions (' for ATC window and "p" for pause).  I later tried remapping these commands to other keystrokes, but strangely, the problem continued.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

I saw this problem from a friend with his saitek throttle .He used to control flaps via the left lever of his saitek throttle which was problematic

Interesting.  I do have a Saitek throttle set up, but I only have flaps assigned to a button, and not to an axis.  I just double-checked and verified that flaps were not inadvertently assigned to an axis; they were not.  Thanks anyway.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

You are welcomed.Check the fsuipc .Usually fsuipc causes some problems.Update or set default settings and see what happens

Yes, I thought of that too.  I updated to the newest version, but after testing I am still experiencing the same problem.  Thank you.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones