Sign in to follow this  
wizkid27147

Can my Dell Insperon 580 Run FSX well and can an i5-4430 hit FSX square?

Can my Dell 580 run FSX well under this config?

Intel Core i5-750 @ 2.66 GHz

8 GB RAM

1 TB HD

Windows 7 x64

ATI Radeon 5450 2GB

Also, can an i5-4430 @ 3 GHz hit FSX square? My friend is planning to buy me a computer with that processor.

You should be able to run FSX but the processor is a bit on the slow side.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I have a Dell Inspiron 580, it is my primary FSX machine.  The only difference is that I have upgraded the PSU and replaced the Radeon 5450 with a GTX 550 Ti.  This did make quite a difference though.  My processor is the same, i5-750@2.66 GHz.  According to the research I have done it appepears that unfortunately these Dells can't be overclocked (I will be overjoyed if someone tells me I'm wrong on this!).

I get acceptable FSX performance, even with more demanding add-ons such as PMDG 777 and Orbx scenery.  Don't expect to run with all sliders to the right, you'll need to make some decisions and trade-offs with AI aircraft and autogen in particular.  But with a few compromises, I can keep frame rates in the 20-25 range.

I can't speak for the i5 but my Dell system with the i7-860@2.8 with Turbo Boost works fine combined with a GTX 550Ti. Nothing is overclocked. It's not stellar performance but I trade aircraft complexity ( I fly mostly GA) for scenery and weather ( OrbX etc ). ........and of course Track IR and EZCA.

BTW,my system is now over 4 years old and still has a lot of Umph!!! when compared to current systems. The i7-860 is a great CPU imo.

Click "My Simulator" for full details.

Can a computer like cyberpowerpc and iBuyPower do the trick? my friend is planing to buy me a system.

What is the best laptop for FSX for less than $800?

I have a Dell Inspiron 580, it is my primary FSX machine.  The only difference is that I have upgraded the PSU and replaced the Radeon 5450 with a GTX 550 Ti.  This did make quite a difference though.  My processor is the same, i5-750@2.66 GHz.  According to the research I have done it appepears that unfortunately these Dells can't be overclocked (I will be overjoyed if someone tells me I'm wrong on this!).

I get acceptable FSX performance, even with more demanding add-ons such as PMDG 777 and Orbx scenery.  Don't expect to run with all sliders to the right, you'll need to make some decisions and trade-offs with AI aircraft and autogen in particular.  But with a few compromises, I can keep frame rates in the 20-25 range.

you might if you build a custom system and then transfer it to the 580. If it doesn't work, enjoy your custom system :)