Sign in to follow this  
ricktana

Also having Key Request Difficulties

I too am unable to receive my Key request.  I ordered the product the evening of April 17th.  I have sent the key request in under two different email accounts I use.  I attach my business account to my gmail account and thought maybe the on line order process might have used the gmail address rather than the business address.  I have sent it in with the correct formatting through both email accounts and get back the same canned response that the email does not match.  I have also sent an email to JD at jd@jdtllc.com with this same explanation and a copy of my receipt.  Have not heard back from him yet. (and wouldn't necessarily expect to on a holiday weekend)

I have probably close to $1,000 of FSX addons that have all been downloaded and never have I come across a method of getting a registration key as complex as this one is. I appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue.

Thank you,

Rick S

Rick Senecal

PC Intel i7 4770K Overclocked to 4.5 Ghz; Gigabyte Z87X-OC Force; 16 Gb DDR3 - GeForce GTX 1080 8 Gb; Dedicated SSD 512 Gb; ASUS PB278Q 2560 X 1440; Win 7 64 bit

Sometimes third party SWEG user lists get delayed a day in sending in the user information to the automatic server. That causes a delay.

Normally the automatic process is smooth and the key is delivered with a half hour. The history behind this dramatic occurrence involved two causes.

The first was with purchases in the UK that used ntlworld or other virgin media properties. Their e-mails did not go through on that end.

The next was that the ISP hosting site for e-mail used by jd outsourced suddenly that portion of its services without notifying jd. In the process some of his settings as admin of that account were reset. In addition when he logged in he was taken to the old admin interface instead of the new one. It took three trouble tickets to the hosting site to get it straight as in addition to this they did not properly get out the new ip address to the domain name servers soon enough. They kept stating everything was fixed.

Both conditions were beyond the control of jd.

In your case, you should only use one e-mail to send the registration in and that must match the e-mail used for your order. Be sure if their was any "-" in the product code that was included. The auto service does the matching. If the user e-mail differs it requires manual processing.

If you get no response by Monday send a copy of your outgoing e-mail to doug as in the pinned topic above.

-----------------

After you get your key when you copy\paste it into your registration dialog be sure there are no leading or trailing spaces as Win is prone to do. After the installation completets update FSUIPC from here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

and makerwys from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

and then rerun the scenery rebuild again.

If you are a P3Dv2.2 user note that you need to install the latest P3Dv2.2 hotfix to keep it from crashing.

Have you got your key yet? I've just sent my email so trying to work out when I'll get it judging by your post