Sign in to follow this  
Rob Ainscough

FSX/ESP is FAA approved ... well sorta ...

I've just started flight school and was given a tour of the FAA approved flight simulators ... I was surprised to see that they use FSX (mostly like ESP) at the heart of the simulator.  FAA approved is based on the entire simulator, not just the software used.

Anyway, I've started a new adventure, giving up auto racing and moving into flying.  Let the journey begin...

67bb0c8c868fad40046cdd83ae4087ba.jpg

d9ba968bdbb80142a5f38d471eb213d0.jpg

My FBO

aeb5ce439230fe3a388ae5dd30199971.jpg

3ccbde5c3eea4b57488d4e1e89719200.jpg

My favorite chart

8fbc7164a588d4225f200c7417751370.jpg

Cheers, Rob.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yep Rob... it's ESP or Prepar3D in those.

Mindstar Aviation is Redbird's avionics source, and we do all of their complex stuff. In that sim we did the 430/530 units.

We've done a lot of avionics for Redbird... you should check their website... King Air C90Gti, King Air 350i, Cessna Mustang are the latest 3 complex trainers we've done. Both the C90GTi and the 350i have Pro Line 21 emulations in them and the Mustang has a G1000 emulation in it, of course. :)

Yep Rob... it's ESP or Prepar3D in those.

It looks like they used Orbx Vector also ... I saw lots of power lines.  But it wasn't P3DV2.2 ;)

I like how all the instruments are done on LCD panels and they just swap in/out glass overlays to match up.  They had two ... single seat and dual seat ... both using 6 monitor setups.  I was actually pretty impressed.

Good to see a source in here Ed ... I had no idea you were involved.

Cheers, Rob.

If you saw what passed for being approved/loggable in a non-motion simulator, you'd be a heck of a lot less surprised...

Seriously.

If you saw what passed for being approved/loggable in a non-motion simulator, you'd be a heck of a lot less surprised...

Seriously.

I was actually surprised my local FBO had this level of simulator ... I was expecting a 15" CRT, yoke, mouse, and keyboard and graphics from FS 4.0 ... this was much more impressive ... and they had two ... one for single and one for double occupancy.  Heck, they even had a weather planning room with 2 computers.

I'm really looking forward to this.

Cheers, Rob.

Sign in to follow this