I fly Air Canada next month so now I am getting nervous a little bit  :ph34r:

Matthew Kane

I fly Air Canada next month so now I am getting nervous a little bit :ph34r:

I'd put some extra bubble wrap in your bags, just in case :LOL:

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

LOL Thats too funny. As a ramp lead hand for many years before, I can assure you there is a whole lot of bag tossing. Whether free fall from the bridge or not, bags get tossed. Alot. Baggage carousel, tossed into the LD cans, into the aircraft belly holds, onto carts. People should know by now not to put fragile stuff in your bags, and if you do, surround the heck of it around clothes and bubble wrap. Just because these guys were caught on camera, doesnt mean thats the only spot.  And putting a fragile sticker on is irrelevant. Sure it gets put in the bulk hold probably, but its likely not to get the crystal glass treatment. If its that fragile, carry it with you onboard.

After tossing thousands of bags, its just another bag unfortunate as that may seem. The heavier they are the more they will get a good toss so as to avoid carrying further or to get some leverage. 

I saw this at just about any airline and ground crews. They never get treated very well by the airline, granted thats a poor excuse but its reality. At least it was back in the 90s and early 2000s. 

Case in point... Worked for Canadian Airlines which was great. 747 crew was about 10-12 guys. 

Last I talked to a buddy who still works at the airport now under Air Canada, a 747 was being loaded and offloaded with a 4 man crew. Pathetic. And they had to deal with the bags at the bag carousel instead of another crew doing it. I doubt its changed much these days. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png