Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

So long Airbus, Boeing here I come!

In a Boeing, you don't have to push the button at TOD, in order to descend.    :P

Otherwise, the PMDG B777 without the servicepack basically is an Airbus, so your situation hasn't improved in the slightest.     :lol:

:lol:

I don't have problems with Airbus VC and systems/procedures, I have a problem with lack of choice of quality Airbus addons for FSX. T7 is like Airbus, even better, if I buy the plane, transition will be a lot smoother than on 737/757.

Cheers

My only thought is the NAV button is for VOR radial tracking. Unless they have added a default style mode to keep things simple for some simmers.

Regards

Quite possible, especially because QW 757 is light/medium system sim.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I want to jump the other way but i'm waiting for the NLS A380. If it comes out alongside the PMDG 747v2 i'll struggle to choose.

If it comes out alongside the PMDG 747v2 i'll struggle to choose.

You very well know how it is going to end. :wink: 

Hint: our credit cards will not like it, not to mention our wives.

You very well know how it is going to end. :wink:

Hint: our credit cards will not like it, not to mention our wives.

Hehe, no woman in my life to tell me where to spend (or not) my money ;)

Our credit cards will love it! Think of all that interest the bank will be making off us...

Thanks!

Exactly what I wanted to know! Of course I was thinking about philosophy and operating procedures, they are different. In any case I must start to read QW 757 manual for a start, and do some tutorial flights, right now I'm still not sure what LNAV is, because in QW 757 you have NAV/GPS mode switch button and LNAV also. This sounded a little noobish, I know. :)

The QW 757 does not have a GPS installed, the NV/GS switch is there in case you want to manually install one, then you need to use the selector. Othewise it's 'non-op'

LNAV controls lateral tracking via the FMC

Jay

Isn't there an A300 by simcheck that's supposed to be very good??

just had an upgrade as well

steve

The A300 is an older aircraft that's really far removed from the modern Airbus models (no FBW, comparatively little automation, etc.). And being an older A300, this particular model isn't equipped with ECAM displays as with the A300B6 and A310 and features and engineer's panel.

Don't get me wrong, I like classic jets. But you just can't compare it with a modern airbus, even with the FMC upgrade.

hey if your tired of the wilco classic 737 get the 50 north 737 classic no vc, but awesome plane buy it for fs9 and heres a link to download to make it work for fsx  

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/17773/fsx-fifty-north-boeing-737-update/

P.S DANGER very large file!!!! 651.39MB! about a day to download.

That would take me about 5 minutes to download :)

By my maths that puts you on 56kbit/s dial-up no?

That would take me about 5 minutes to download :)

By my maths that puts you on 56kbit/s dial-up no?

I believe it is because if you don't have a premium account @ FlyAway, there is a limited download speed, probably around 50kbits/s actually.

In a Boeing, you don't have to push the button at TOD, in order to descend.    :P

LOL, that is one of the more irritating things.  I'm sometimes an absentee pilot during cruise and it's very irritating to come back and see I missed my ToD point by 50 miles. :lol:

Funny, therr is never a right or wrong. Just today I met a captain who recently transitioned from A320/A330 to the 787.

His opinion? Quote: " the 787 is a pile of garbage. Breaks down so often you wonder why you bother. The logic is the cockpit is horribly antiquated." I was left a bit gobsmacked, but this is a guy who has flown Airbus for over 20 years, so you could say he is used to one way of doing things. Same has happened with traditional Boeing pilots who had to move to the new logic. Who is right? Nobody. You get paid to fly one, get on with it

Sent from my Mobile thing

I wouldn't limit yourself to just the Airbus, Boeing aircraft if you're going to be flying 'virtually' with a 3D cockpit -- why not learn to fly them all? You can add the Dash 8 to the bunch.

I on the other hand have switched from a Boeing cockpit builder to an airbus build (mainly because of the free avionics suite, Jeehell FMGS), but will continue to fly boeing, and other aircrafts (including helicopters) on my computer.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering