Sign in to follow this  
SaphireJapan

I have a few questions about "upcoming" PMDG items...

I don't really understand why people would be asking for a 737-900ER. I mean, come on, we already have a top-notch 737 NG, whether it is a 600 or 800 or 900ER, who cares? If it's only for the exterior model I reserve my comment... If it's for the larger range, get a long-haul aircraft... I don't know... A 900ER would be the last thing I'd ask for.

In fact, I have the 777 and I'm very excited about the SP1, but I'm not excited at all about the -300ER expansion and I won't buy it, what's the point? A larger aircraft that handles worse on the ground, adds some cameras and has some very minor differences and that's it...

First I'd ask for a completely different aircraft, something that has no representation on FSX, a good MD-80 for instance, a good Airbus A300/310, a good Boeing 747-100 or Douglas DC-3 or a Comet, a Super Constellation, a Tristar, a Trident, a DC-9... But not another 737 d'uh...

I'm adding a smiley here at the end to show that I'm actually a friendly guy: :)

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Ummm, there is a fantastic DC-9 out on the market. Check out the Coolsky DC-9-30. 

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

And a couple of good MD80s, the LSH and the Coolsky versions are very good. Would love to see a true classic 747 though.

Sent from my Mobile thing

Ummm, there is a fantastic DC-9 out on the market. Check out the Coolsky DC-9-30. 

Many thanks, I'll check it out!

PS: Not even my final friendly smiley did save me from the "dislikes"... Oh well... :D

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

I don't really understand why people would be asking for a 737-900ER.

Because the 900ER is replacing the aging 757 in some major airline fleets.

Because the 900ER is replacing the aging 757 in some major airline fleets.

Very true.  Unfortunate, but true.

Kyle Rodgers

Oh and btw. props to the OP for a great example of how it should be done. The post shows that he had done research, he is up to date with what we know, and he asks specific questions, while acknowledgeing his understanding of possible answers. And name is signed.

But sadly even with such effort - it was to no avail, and still we are in the dark about all and everything.

Id quite like there to be some focus on the SP for the 737 - not really fussed about any additional models, just it patched and updated with new features like WX radar and the SDK updated to improve hardware capabilities

Id then prefer the energy was put into the 747 - I have the 777, yes want to see the SP, but actually if the 747 was released tomorrow - I wouldn't likely fly the 777 anymore, so again not that fussed about other versions of it, other than more than likely I will switch to a different variant if i was to still fly it, to better represent the more popular version used by Airlines like BA.

I then have a 747 (with an SDK please at release) for long haul (777 be in the hanger) 737 for short haul(please update the SDK!) and challenging approaches. 

After that my interest is with Airbus - but have to wait to see what FSLabs comes up with.

Outside of that something different from PMDG would be nice to challenge my learning - I enjoyed learning the DH8D from Majestic because it such a different methodology to Boeing, and certainly more fun than the over automated 777. I really enjoyed learning the JS41 - be nice to see some patch applied to fix some of the FMS issues.

So maybe a PMDG quality CRJ, or EMB190/170 or 145. Perhaps even a business jet - G5. 

But quite simply it be nice to come to this forum and read as a poster above put, a realistic roadmap and honest updates. Because to be fair if you read back far enough an Update lead us all to believe how we would be flying the 737(patched) 777(which was going to be perfect and not need a patch) and the 747 all before last christmas. I get the hole its done when its done, but a few months delay in a project is a bit different to years, or not appearing at all.

I suppose a sizeable donation could speed things up.

As it is, the DC-6, sadly, has nowhere near the commercial potential of 777, 747 etc. which are some of the most iconic jets ever built. Business-wise it would not be a wise decision to push the project forward.

Oh and btw. props to the OP for a great example of how it should be done. The post shows that he had done research, he is up to date with what we know, and he asks specific questions, while acknowledgeing his understanding of possible answers. And name is signed.

Thanks, I appreciate your expert knowledge of what PMDG thinks is profitable. 

I doubt it.  As mentioned, it's a project that's meant to be addressed in developer down time.  It's simply not in enough demand to truly move resources to it as a full-time project.

Are you sure?

Eh, I just want to know if it will happen. I don't care about other aircraft or the what ifs, I want to know on what PMDG has made comment on. PMDG, I know you read this forum and I understand making any announcement what so ever pretty much creates attention no matter what. I would just like to know if any of these projects are still a go or at least get a No. Ill be just as happy with a No knowing that its no longer in limbo. I hope I am polite enough in my request. Again, I can not thank you enough for your contributions with your wonderful products! I am perfectly happy with what you have released either way but I can always get 1 more from you guys. PMDG... If your reading this.... Thank you for everything.

There would be a lot of intrest in them.

Please keep in mind that a vocal minority on this forum doesn't translate to "a lot" of anything most of the time. We've found this out the hard way several times in the past. Our assessment generally is that the vast majority of our customers just want "a 737" or "a 777", not a specific variant as long as we've simulated one to a high level.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Forgive me for speculating, but I do believe that the X-Plane Project PMDG referred to, will in fact be their Dash-8. On their XPX announcement page, it was made clear that the 777, 747v2, 737 and JS4100 are not their XPX project. It was also made clear that it wasn't the MD11 nor the 747.

(Bear in mind, this is just the speculation of one person, PMDG has not confirmed, nor even mentioned this.)

Aamir Thacker

On their XPX announcement page, it was made clear that the 777, 747v2, 737 and JS4100 are not their XPX project.

Where did you see this? Any links?

I'm not questioning you, I just can't remember to have read it.

Hmmm... The way I read that, they're not stating the 777, 747v2, NGX or JS41 is NOT the current X-Plane project. They're just stating they'll evaluate how it turns out, when they have a working model.

Also, I *think* they're either getting the NGX or the 777 in X-Plane, but that's just me speculating.

PMDG are currently developing a product to be released for the Laminar Research Xplane10 platform.

The way I understood it, is that this product is separate from the 777, 747v2, NGX, and JS41..

Upon completion of this project, we will evaluate the market demand and the Xplane platform's viability as a platform for future growth of our PMDG BAe JS4100, PMDG 737NGX, PMDG 777 and PMDG 747-400v2.0 product lines with an eye toward making these products available to Xplane users.

This sentence right here solidifies that belief, for me, anyway ;)

Aamir Thacker