Sign in to follow this  
OwenLim90

Boeing 737 manuals

Hi all,

May I ask all of you that is there any boeing 737 manuals can I download? Because im going to learn b737

HI THERE TOO.I GOT MINE FROM THE WWW.

KEEP ON WITH SAFE FLIGHTS.

737-800 MSFSX IS AN AWESOME PLANE.

Maybe also consider Mike Rays books, (an ex UAL Captain), and aimed at Flight Simmers, done in a very readable style, with pages and pages of step by step instructions liberally illustrated that will take you through from the basics to advanced procedures. But just the flight stuff - no detailed systems tutorials. Available as hard copy or PDF, his 737NG training syllabus is my "bible". He also does Airbus books as well, at utem.com

Eugene

I have seen that just now.Thats a really good books to all, I can admit that its really readable style compare with other manuals so far. It done by more details than others manuals,but only 737 NGX is not available yet, Do you know when it will released the book? You have to use their books as well?

The name 737NGX is PMDG's name for their 737NG software. The 737NG book by Mike Ray will cover all you need to get you sim flying on a 737NG, whether it's PMDG 737NGX, iFly 737NG, or any other company doing a 737NG, with maybe just small differences, as Boeing allow airlines to customise their aircraft according  to their needs.

So the Mike Ray books will be fine. I think it will be easier to follow systems training if you know how to fly the aircraft first. 

Eugene

The name 737NGX is PMDG's name for their 737NG software. The 737NG book by Mike Ray will cover all you need to get you sim flying on a 737NG, whether it's PMDG 737NGX, iFly 737NG, or any other company doing a 737NG, with maybe just small differences, as Boeing allow airlines to customise their aircraft according to their needs.

So the Mike Ray books will be fine. I think it will be easier to follow systems training if you know how to fly the aircraft first.

Eugene

Oh, I thought that different NGX and NG ,lol. Ok, so I think I will go for this book better and eaiser to read than PMDG 737 NG manuals ? Is it correct? Because there have illustrated and easy to know all the step

The name 737NGX is PMDG's name for their 737NG software. The 737NG book by Mike Ray will cover all you need to get you sim flying on a 737NG, whether it's PMDG 737NGX, iFly 737NG, or any other company doing a 737NG, with maybe just small differences, as Boeing allow airlines to customise their aircraft according to their needs.

Eugene

Is it this book? "737NG training syllabus Download version"? The price is $49.95

Just do your self  a favour  spend another 25$  or  so get  the ngx   and you get all the manuals and 2 tutorials  and even  a introduction manual to go with it,  and you wont be disappointed.  :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Is it this book? "737NG training syllabus Download version"? The price is $49.95

Yes that's the one

I'm not familiar with the PMDG manuals, so can't comment. I just went to the web site to take a look, and under "737 Manuals and Training aids" the only item available is a cockpit poster, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? 

Often real world genuine training manuals assume a level of training not attained by Flight Simmers, I bought Bill Buffers FMC guide, a respected work in the field of training for the FMC, but found the level of detail and complexity it delved in to rather bamboozling. Mike Rays books took me through everything in baby steps, and now using the FMC, and flying the aircraft is second nature. 

But maybe PMDG's manuals do this just as well?

Eugene

Ngx manuals are direct from boeing  themselves and  are real as  they get

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Ngx manuals are direct from boeing  themselves and  are real as  they get

That's the bit that concerns me, not necessarily an ideal primer for a newbie? 

I've just been reviewing an official Boeing 737NG manual. In all 340 pages of it, there isn't a single picture of a an FMC, or tutorial on how it's used, but a huge amount of detail about operating the aircraft, especially under adverse conditions. This isn't a criticism of Boeing, who reasonably expect anyone about to be let loose on their aircraft will have at least have a CPL and done an approved course that prepares them for the aircraft.

Mike Ray's book is aimed at simmers, and doesn't assume any particular knowledge on behalf of the reader.

Eugene

PS Are the PMDG 737 manuals actually still available, the only manuals available on their web site are for an MD11?

The PMDG manuals aren't going to teach you to fly the aircraft or program the FMC. The manuals they provide (with the exception of the tutorial and PMDG particular stuff) are from Boeing and are the real world FCOM volumes. To learn the systems I recommend the Mike Ray books as a good starting point. At the moment the manuals are not available from the PMDG website and if they were I suspect their price is more than you want to spend at this point.

DJ

The PMDG manuals aren't going to teach you to fly the aircraft or program the FMC

Actually they do there is  a whole chapter on how to program the fmc correctly in the fcom even got pictures as well. 

To learn the systems I recommend the Mike Ray books as a good starting point. At the moment the manuals are not available from the PMDG website and if they were I suspect their price is more than you want to spend at this point.

No need to purchase the books from pmdg as  they are installed  in a pdf format  when you purchase any of the pmdg aircraft.

Peter kelberg

Yes that's the one

I'm not familiar with the PMDG manuals, so can't comment. I just went to the web site to take a look, and under "737 Manuals and Training aids" the only item available is a cockpit poster, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Often real world genuine training manuals assume a level of training not attained by Flight Simmers, I bought Bill Buffers FMC guide, a respected work in the field of training for the FMC, but found the level of detail and complexity it delved in to rather bamboozling. Mike Rays books took me through everything in baby steps, and now using the FMC, and flying the aircraft is second nature.

But maybe PMDG's manuals do this just as well?

Eugene

From you explaination of those books,I'm doing the final analyze and comparison of these manuals as well, such as PMDG, just let me know that the best are still Mike Ray's books, because there are provided illustrated and readable style to let us know the system and how to operate an aircraft more easier than others, Mike Ray's book are really suitable for flight simmers. am I wrong?

The PMDG manuals aren't going to teach you to fly the aircraft or program the FMC. The manuals they provide (with the exception of the tutorial and PMDG particular stuff) are from Boeing and are the real world FCOM volumes. To learn the systems I recommend the Mike Ray books as a good starting point. At the moment the manuals are not available from the PMDG website and if they were I suspect their price is more than you want to spend at this point.

DJ

YEAH, you're right. I think so too.I have just reviewed the PMDG manuals a while and it just made me confuse and bamboozle.while I reading the sample pages of mike ray's book

How can you review  the Pmdg ngx manual  when you havnt even purchased  it,  is  the confusing  part?

Peter kelberg

How can you review the Pmdg ngx manual when you havnt even purchased it, is the confusing part?

I can download from PMDG documentation there. It's free. There have also B737 tutorial 1 and 2