Sign in to follow this  
pipeorgan

Auto pilot

Autopilot? In a light sport aircraft? Dont think so. It also has only 1 radio (despite 2 being fitted) and there is no way to select the second in the cockpit. This is despite there being entries for 2 nav/radios in the cfg file (but obviously not coded that way in the model!). Any frequency selections on the GNS530 are reflected in the radio below.

If you added the autopilot section to the cfg file from another aircraft it would probably work from default keyboard commands tho' - but hardly 'realistic' in this case.

Thanks for the info. I thought that I had seen an autopilot on one of the aircraft when I searched the web.

Thanks for the info. I thought that I had seen an autopilot on one of the aircraft when I searched the web.

I have managed to get the Piper Sport to fly with autopilot using the fantastic Remoteflight cockpit HD and RF Radio HD running on 2 iPads, works like a dream. All the autopilot controls are from the iPads including APP for the ILS glide slope but they are able to control the Piper Sport. Now it's my favourite plane with the amazing cockpit view for the

Scenery:)

How did you get the A/P to work on the iPad?  Is there an app?

Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

I am not sure what is happening with my aircraft. When I use the autopilot button programmed on my joystick, the plane will hold heading and angle of attack, altitude. Actually kind of handy. The reason I am here is to find out what is going on. Is this the way it is designed? What about the GPS button on the HSI? I have not found any documentation included.

Not sure if your question is still open, texerrn. I don't have the plane but the "hidden" autopilot behaviour you are describing is quite commonly used since the sim allows to enable the autopilot with a simple setting in the aircraft.cfg.

So might well be able to use all sorts of AP commands through the default key bindings of FSX. Means not only enable/disable but also HDG select or a coupled operation with the GPS. Just check your keyboard config in FSX for the details and try.

If you wanted to set certain parameters for that plane, open the aircraft.cfg with a text editor and head for the [Autopilot] section. One can also add a small popup gauge for allowing a mouse operation. For this, you would grab a gauge from one of the default planes and just add it.