Sign in to follow this  
pilotso

FSX Will Not Load

Earlier today I installed FSX SDK from my deluxe edition FSX. Then I installed FSX SDK1a and FSX SDK2. Now my fsx will not load. It is stuck on the splash screen. I have tried registry editor, changing my logbook name, but nothing works. Any help?

what is fsx SDK? if you didnt know what it was, why did you download/buy it? uninstall SDK see if it works. if you can't, Youll have to uninstall fsx and reinstall it. or try to repair it.

SDK comes with FSX Deluxe Edition. I have used it many times before. It helps you create scenery for Flight Simulator.

do you need it for fsx? 

what is SDK?

oh oops you already told me that

You're stuck on the "Splash Screen" and changing the Logbook.bin name didn't help then what I would do is to start FSX and while it sits on that screen bring up the Task Manager-look at Processes and see what process is taking your CPU up towards 100%. That would point towards the cause of the problem.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You're stuck on the "Splash Screen" and changing the Logbook.bin name didn't help then what I would do is to start FSX and while it sits on that screen bring up the Task Manager-look at Processes and see what process is taking your CPU up towards 100%. That would point towards the cause of the problem.

My CPU is around 50% Here is a screenshot:

http://prntscr.com/3bugbr Link

Did you look through ALL of the processes going on and not just FSX?  Maybe you should un-install those SDKs and see if thry are the cause.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Did you look through ALL of the processes going on and not just FSX?  Maybe you should un-install those SDKs and see if thry are the cause.

I did uninstall SDK. FSX is the only thing running that is really making my CPU usage go up. It is not at 100%

Ok. So I switched to my second user, I loaded up FSX and it started loading the little box. Then at 9% it just disappeared.

It may be time to run a Repair. 

Charlie Aron

Did the SDK create a Restore point on your computer. If so try Restoring to that  point.

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

Guess I got here too late  was going to suggest  was there a ghost box saying   trust this module etc which usually is  the case  for  the splash screen to remain on  till you either click no or yes

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The following website will guide you through what I'm going to say:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-event-viewer#1TC=windows-7

Now what I need you to do is follow the instructions in the above link step-by-step to access the event viewer. Now close it again and run FSX as it is. Keep FSX in windowed mode. If it doesn't get past the main loading screen, access the viewer again, and most likely, it will say the errors that took place. From here, either post a screenshot of the errors, or describe precisely what their titles were, and what the error was about.

OR - if that fails --->

Have you attempted to reinstall FSX? To do this successfully, you should delete any MAIN folders that might contain add-ons/downloads, deleting each one INDIVIDUALLY! (otherwise it would take a boatload of loading screens). Then via the uninstall menu in the control panel, select FSX, then UNINSTALL. Restart your computer.

Now install Games for Windows Marketplace, assuming you have a Microsoft and/or Xbox account. Use the link below:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/pc/DownloadClient

Then, once installed, go to All Programs in start menu, then access the folder "Microsoft Games for Windows Marketplace." Or just search on the start menu games for windows marketplace. Now go into the application named "Games for Windows Marketplace" and from there you can reinstall FSX by just clicking Install. ****Make sure you are attached to an Ethernet cable for a faster download/install.****

Let a clean copy install ---> DON'T add any add-ons whatsoever yet. Run FSX and make sure EVERYTHING is functioning as it should.

If things don't run as planned and it disappears again while at 9% loading, do the following:

Press "Ctrl + Alt + Delete" letting you access what I like to call the emergency menu. Select the task manager option.

Now select "New Task" at the bottom-right corner of the window. Here, a new window will appear. Now select "Browse...".

In the search tab at the bottom of this new window, type "event," then select eventvwr.exe. This will open that same event viewer.

Now please shoe/post again what it said. Thanks.

Joe

Earlier today I installed FSX SDK from my deluxe edition FSX. Then I installed FSX SDK1a and FSX SDK2. Now my fsx will not load. It is stuck on the splash screen. I have tried registry editor, changing my logbook name, but nothing works. Any help?

Most likely it corrupted the dll.xml if you tried to install the traffic toolbox.  Yet, just installing the SDK on your HDD has absolutely no affect whatsoever to FSX's operation until you try to install something like the traffic toolbox.  It adds nothing to your FSX main folder.  It sits in a separate folder next to FSX but you have to run a program inside the SDK in order for it to do anything to FSX.  So, if you ran a program inside of the SDK, then look in your dll.xml and remove that line by changing the false to true, save, and go fly.  If you did not run anything inside the SDK folder, then there is a problem with your installation.  One thing I found is a corrupted Addon Manager (if you have any programs that use it like FSDT airports).  Simply download the latest and install it.  If that is not the problem, then you might be missing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 w/SP1 (32 bit version).  This is required for FSX to start up.  See AVSIM CTD Guide located under Hot Spots to the right of this forum for more information.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10