Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Should you have problems running A2A's C172 on P3Dv2.2...

I installed it today.

Used the Flight1 FSX registry fixer to fool the installer to think FSX is installed in the P3Dv2.2 folder, and created an FSX.exe there too.

The A2A installer, latest version, goes through the normal process and installs the aircraft without problems.

Then I used the latest Core Accusim update ( 1.6 ) from the A2A site and the C172 was patched accordingly.

So far so good, until I started the sim and chose the A2A C172 :-/

Nothing worked, the engine didn't start, the controls din't move, etc....

Searching the A2A forums gave some help, namely regarding some problems of ESP Simconnect not being completely installed on some systems, but the best hint

came from this thread:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=5547

I didn't have FSX installed or a previous version of P3D, then I went to the folders:

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

and manually Installed the "msi" files there. This created the required ( at least by A2A's C172 ) versions of simconnect, and I ended  up with 3 different versions of it

and the C172 working again :-)

P.S.: Tonight I will probably drop the 2nd one because it looks like the first, the one that installs from inside the 2nd folder above, is the updated version for the Gold Edition of

FSX.

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks for posting this because I'm having the same issue with my controls not moving. No T/P/M movement nor any yoke, rudder input movements. Can't physically manipulate anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this because I'm having the same issue with my controls not moving. No T/P/M movement nor any yoke, rudder input movements. Can't physically manipulate anything

Erich, that's exactly what happened to me after installing it.

I don't think you have to install both versions ( legacy... ) of simconnect. Start with the one under

and see if it already works...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I didn't have FSX installed or a previous version of P3D, then I went to the folders:

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib

and manually Installed the "msi" files there. This created the required ( at least by A2A's C172 ) versions of simconnect, and I ended  up with 3 different versions of it

and the C172 working again :-)

Interesting ... but just FYI, I don't have the older FSX SimConnect installed and the A2A C-172 is working great (just missing the light on the rear tail).

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: I did have some issues with getting the aircraft to taxi ... this oddly turned out to be a mapping in GoFlight modules, once I cleared the mapping (think it was "Engine Start") in GFConfig, problem resolved.

Working! Thanks guys

Yes this is one of those annoying issues thats cropped up with P3D. For some reason P3D sometimes doesn't seem to install sim-connect correctly requiring users to manual install it. Not a big issue for a simulation for the professional market but a little annoyance thats cropped up a few times on the forums.

Lewis - A2A Simulations

I didn't have the issue with 2.1, but for some reason 2.2 played up. Otherwise I'm very happy with 2.2

For folks like me who already have FSX SP2 installed, I'm guessing we don't need to install simconnect again right?

For folks like me who already have FSX SP2 installed, I'm guessing we don't need to install simconnect again right?

I think that's the case indeed, although I can't say for sure because I installed P3Dv2 over a completely wiped ( of FSX and P3dv1.4 ) disk.

Main Simulation Rig:

Interesting ... but just FYI, I don't have the older FSX SimConnect installed and the A2A C-172 is working great (just missing the light on the rear tail).

Are you sure? If you ever had either P3d 1.4 or FSX ACC /SP2 installed, the legacy SimConnect entries are probably still in your SxS folder. The problem shows up for people who:

• Only have P3d 2.x installed and never installed P3d 1.x or FSX and
  • Never installed any 3rd party add-ons that checked for installed versions of SimConnect and then installed them if they were missing.

With P3d 2.x, LM forgot to check to see if legacy SimConnect versions were already installed, etc.. They just assumed that every user would figure out the problem on their own.

Are you sure? If you ever had either P3d 1.4 or FSX ACC /SP2 installed, the legacy SimConnect entries are probably still in your SxS folder.

Absolutely 100% positively sure.  Double checked and re-checked.  In fact I was just recently diagnosing a problem with getting ASN working on another PC ... thinking I needed to install SimConnect from the redist folders ... I didn't need to, SimConnect is now a managed process built into P3DV2.  I just needed the SimConnect.xml and SimConnect.cfg, nothing more (for ASN to work).

For A2A C-172 I didn't need anything (not even the SimConnect.xml and .cfg).

I just finished a nice flight in the A2A C-172 from PAYA to PACY ... no issues at all.

Cheers, Rob.

Question

I've tried multiple times and using migration tool an d copy paste no success. It does up in the files with this day of my planes but not in the livery of choices when prep3d is open

It has always shown as installed successfully

Yes this is one of those annoying issues thats cropped up with P3D. For some reason P3D sometimes doesn't seem to install sim-connect correctly requiring users to manual install it. Not a big issue for a simulation for the professional market but a little annoyance thats cropped up a few times on the forums.

Hi Lewis

Just out of interest, would this be the same issue affecting the Accufeel install.  Again, I had no problems installing/running Accufeel into P3Dv2.1, but for some reason, I can't access Accufeel in the menus under 2.2. 

I hadn't thought to check to see whether it was there last night after doing the Simconnect .msi install to resolve the 172 issue.

Out of sheer laziness, I dropped the Accufeel module from FSX right into the P3D Module folder manually and it worked right off the bat.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I promise you ladies/gents, you don't need to install a version of SimConnect that comes in ... \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface to make the A2A work.  You will need these entries in the dll.xml

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>A2A Feel</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>Modules\A2A_Feel.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
if you have Accufeel also then:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AccuFeelMenu</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>