Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

win7 freeze on boot

Hi all

just wondered if there was something I can do about this, that would not involve a hard drive reformat.

When I bought my pc it came with windows 7 home edition  but I already owned a copy of win7 pro 64bit which I wanted to use instead. I was told by the company I bought the pc from that as long as I didn't use the serial from the home edition I could put my  win7 pro over the top of the installed home edition and use my pro serial to reg the program

this I did,but over the last couple of years win7 has always caused some strange problems either freezing during boot or having problems with corrupt files that require it repairing itself

It always ends up working,but Just wondered if there was anything I could do that may fix or reduce the number of times it happens.

The freezing one is the most common one , in that it happens about 4 in every 10 boots 

thanks

Pete Little