Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Albeo Piper Sport....i Love It.

Alabeo Piper Sport, a good value in my opinion, and the plane has tremendously active reflections.  Flies beautifully, and worth the money. If you've tried it, I'd be interested in your opinion too.

Stan

Bought, flew it and it is a total joy to fly. I have the RXP and like that it was integrated. Handles really smooth. So I would have to agree with you spilok. Cpt out.

It is great but it crashes my sim when I start the engine as in the sim locks up and crashes I'm using Saitek Pro Switch panel

It looks fantastic but the only reason I've not bought it is because of this habit that ALB/CAR have of only offering RXP integration for the RXP530,  and not the 430.

Most vendors like RealAir, for example, would offer support for either unit.

I don't own the 530, just the 430, and don't fancy using the default CAR 530, so have sadly had to give this one a miss.

The only squawk I have with Alabeo is their lack of support for the aircraft when problems come up I sent them a email about it and they have not replied to my email so no I would not recommend either company I would highly recommend a company like A2A Flight1 Real Air any company like those but I'm very disappointed with their lack of customer support 

Bit strange that someone would "dislike" a post above, simply stating a fact, that the Alabeo doesn't come with RXP integration for the 430 unit, just the 530  :-

22222211.jpg

........ until you discover that the new user here  "Freeware FDE Designer" is actually Bernt Stolle !! ..... That's right - I dared to criticise a couple of Mr Stolle's FDEs some months ago and as others have seen lately, he's opened several new user IDs, purely with the view of harrassing me by PM, and as in this case, to randomly "dislike" posts.   :smile:

Pretty sad huh!

I agree with you Dave about the either or situation with the GPS. Stops me purchasing some too.

........ until you discover that the new user here  "Freeware FDE Designer" is actually Bernt Stolle !! ..... That's right - I dared to criticise a couple of Mr Stolle's FDEs some months ago and as others have seen lately, he's opened several new user IDs, purely with the view of harrassing me by PM, and as in this case, to randomly "dislike" posts.   :smile:

Pretty sad huh!

Looked at the disliker before I read your post. Because of his username and his immature behaviour towards you over the C195, I immediately realised it's Bernt Stolle. This confirms my observation.  :lol:

Bit strange that someone would "dislike" a post above, simply stating a fact, that the Alabeo doesn't come with RXP integration for the 430 unit, just the 530  :-

Pretty sad huh!

Are you sure Dave? I can't imagine anyone being that childish...

Besides that, why not get the RXP GNS530 as well? It completes not only this Piper Sport but also the Carenado Skymaster and 210 quite nicely :)

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

22222211.jpg

Pretty sad huh!

This is hilarious. If it is in fact Bernt,  wish he would fix the FDE on the TBM850 and the Phenom  :rolleyes:

Are you sure Dave? I can't imagine anyone being that childish...

It's him, take a look at his profile. He actually had his username changed, it's not a new account.

Also I see that he disliked my post too. That's really mature...  -_-

Yeah, I learned not to criticize his work a long time ago. It's fine for him to say, as he did publicly at one point, that Alabeo does not pay him enough to do much work on the FDE for their planes, and that they cut a lot of corners, but if you dare to suggest that there is even the slightest issue with any plane he's worked on, he gets pretty hot. It's a little sad.

I'm not impressed with most of his work for Alabeo/Carenado. I stopped buying Alabeo planes because the flight realism is just not very good. His custom FDE for the Carenado C185, offered much after it's release is very good, I think. It's the only Carenado plane I still fly.

I think the difference in realism in flight modeling in something like the A2A or RealAir planes shows the limitations in trying to achieve realistic flight modeling primarily by tweaking numbers in the aircraft config files.

Yeah, I learned not to criticize his work a long time ago. It's fine for him to say, as he did publicly at one point, that Alabeo does not pay him enough to do much work on the FDE for their planes, and that they cut a lot of corners, but if you dare to suggest that there is even the slightest issue with any plane he's worked on, he gets pretty hot. It's a little sad.

I'm not impressed with most of his work for Alabeo/Carenado. I stopped buying Alabeo planes because the flight realism is just not very good. His custom FDE for the Carenado C185, offered much after it's release is very good, I think. It's the only Carenado plane I still fly.

I think the difference in realism in flight modeling in something like the A2A or RealAir planes shows the limitations in trying to achieve realistic flight modeling primarily by tweaking numbers in the aircraft config files.

Does he do the FDEs for all Alabeo aircaft?

It is true that both Carenado and Alabeo cut lots of corners. With Alabeo it doesn't really show because they make aircraft with simple systems, but when it comes to Carenado... Since they don't put that much work on systems, I feel that they should at least put more work on quality control. All their aircraft are released with a long list of bugs/inaccuracies, and they tend to abandon their aircraft after the first patch even if there are still unfixed problems.

For example, the door manager in the C208B. Remains unfixed, even though they have acknowledged it. I even sent them a support ticket about this a few weeks ago and I got what looks like an automated response. I really like the C208B I bought, but because of the door manager problem, lack of documentation, not enough attention to small details (I don't like how Carenado is listed as the "manufacturer" in the aircraft select screen when they should only be the "publisher", and I wish that aircraft views were properly labelled) and extremely poor performance, I don't think I'll get another Carenado. Might get some Alabeo aircraft though, the C177 bundle particularly interests me.

EDIT: Bernt Stolle took the dislikes back. Hmmm...