Sign in to follow this  
HenningL

Another Major Airport Coming For Fs9 :-)

Thanks for the HU! It's great that companies like Aerosoft haven't given up on FS9 yet :lol:

Sascha

Wonderful news, well spotted!

Another "interesting" airport to flesh out our wonderful, mature sim.

I love playing the devil's advocate.  :diablo:

I shall NOT be buying this particular Aerosoft airport. As an owner of Eiresim's version there is no compelling reason to upgrade ... it even has animations and AES capability.  However the real reason is I dislike the way Aerosoft stomped all over Eiresim's upgrade attempt.  Poor show in my view.

Another thing while I'm at it.  Who really cares for legible traffic signs, waving flags etc. when you're shooting past at 140kts taking off or landing?  I'm too intent on managing the aircraft to gawk appreciatively at the designers craft (folly) not to mention wondering how much they cost in resources/frames.  

I guess I'm just getting old, however every day I find myself agreeing more and more with our good friend gwillmot's attitudes

Oh no!

Appliance you do not have to end up in the Grumpy Old Men box!

Life is too short; smell the roses... and join the campaign to get a decent NZAA built for FS9!  :lol:

I can say with 95% certainty that the Aerosoft offering will tick all the boxes.

If like me, you don't own an Eiresim product, it's a no-brainer. 

Even the best of the best - think FlyTampa, and latterly, Taxi2Gate with KMCO - lack the final finesse of Oliver Pabst in AESLite. Orlando just begs for a bit of smoothly animated rail and road traffic to make it stupendous, not just great.

I could hardly believe it when I saw this thread: welcome it, sooner or later you must succumb...    

I have high hopes for this airport scenery.

EDIT: And on the topic of grinching... who's the *sshole who drives by rating topics in the FS2004 forum with a single star??

HJCA2111.png

Get a life man.

Find something positive and contribute.

Your life will improve. 

I guess I'm just getting old, however every day I find myself agreeing more and more with our good friend gwillmot's attitudes

Not sure if this is a compliment or a slam ...... can't remember the difference between the two .......

Anyway ....... welcome to the bright side of the Force.  I am your father, Appliance!

Live long and prosper! ......oops ......wrong galaxy!

P.S.

Being "retired" now on a fixed income, I'll leave all the new eye candy to those still lucky enough to be in the middle class.  As such, I'll also pass on my "grumpiness" to those of Generation "X" and anyone living South of the Equator. :Liar:

EDIT: And on the topic of grinching... who's the *sshole who drives by rating topics in the FS2004 forum with a single star??

Good call WingZ…… I had started to notice this myself.

I am certainly up for an Aerosoft Dublin. I have the Eiresim Shannon which does have some issues. (which can be seen in my next video flight (EINN/KATL)

gwillmot is appliances dad?

And I always thought I was a ba.tard   :excl:    :blush:

G'day Dad.  :lol:

Hi,

it's quite a strange thing with Aerosoft. No mention of Dublin on their "official" forum sites - or am I just too stupid to find it?

As living in Germany, I wonder if suddenly a message about a new and awaited version of German Airports 1 - there is a "nice" thread about in the German Aerosoft forum - or EDDB/BBI will pop up somewhere, which I gave up to hope for, because I rather saw the attitude to abandon FS9 in favour of X-Plane...

I really don't know if I will buy Dublin because I'm not so much satisfied with Aerosofts product policy anymore in the last time - and I simply "need" other airports (for not getting confused about my age and/or familiary connections I have temporarily inserted my birthday in the profile :lol: )

However, this is going to be a nice summer for FS9ers, may they be grandfathers, fathers or sons or none of these. Seems that most of my this year's FS-budget will go to Warszawa and Mexico DF.

http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/products.htm#FS2004_Software_Products:.

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I have it in FSX and it is of exceptionally high quality (but quite resource intensive) - far ahead of the Eiresim version which I have used in FS9 and have also been using in FSX until now.

With regard to an Eiresim 'update' of EINN, I was not aware that this was likely anytime even in the medium term, as the last I had heard, Terry (from Eiresim) had stated that he was having to devote his time to his real world activities for the moment, which is fair enough, so Aerosoft can hardly be criticised for developing an up to date and superb version of the most important airport in Ireland. Indeed Eiresim did the same with Luton, while Gary from UK 2000 was actually in the process of developing the latter, so they can't complain either. A further important point is that Eiresim seem to have abandoned their website which clearly has been hacked some time ago and which is quite frankly a shambles. From reading the forums, I know that some people have had problems getting support for Eiresim products which they have purchased, which indeed begs the question as to whether their products should still even be offered for sale, although Shannon and Cork are still IMO good quality and nice addons if you want to have the three major airports in the Irish Republic.

Bill

With regard to an Eiresim 'update' of EINN

....should read EIDW!

No mention of Dublin on their "official" forum sites

I stand corrected: Now there is a preview post by Mathijs Kok.

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg