Sign in to follow this  
gwal

No Mag/var In FMC

I have posted this problem on the Legacy Forum and have not solved this problem so far.  My PMDG fmc (FS9) does not update mag/var, when i look at nav data page 4L always shows E0.0, I know for example klas should be W12.4 which makes everthing offset after I leave the ground.  I have uninstalled FS9 and pmdg and reloaded clean copy with no luck, also ran registry fix although anything to do with registry is way above my pay grade. I have checked magdec file to make sure it work in FS and it give correct headings when I am on the ground. Any help will be welcome.

Thanks George Wallace

Nothing I have done so far has had any affect on the problem. I'm starting to think this will be an unsolved mystery.  Very frustrating at the least.

GW

Registry error - use one of the many registry fix tools out there (TweakFS, Flight 1 etc) and it should fix it. The older PMDG products reference the FS9 registry entries to know where to look for the magnetic deviation file - if the entries are missing you don't get any variation in the sim. 

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for your reply, I had run FS Registry repair a number of times, but never realized I was not running it on the proper file(I am a technically challenged oldtimer), thanks to your post, I looked hard at what I was doing and got it right.  If I had ran it right the first time it would have saved alot of time wasted of my own and the people trying to help.  Thanks to everyone who tried to help, and I hope I won't repeat my mistakes.

Thanks everyone!

George Wallace