Sign in to follow this  
Lon David

Mcphat Mia?

What's up with these guys?  I bought the DC-9 Cargo Expansion pack from their website 4 days ago.  Big mistake.  Their download link is broken, their forum inactive and I received only one email from tech support the day after asking me the details of my purchase (which they should know as I quoted my purchase ID number).  Further enquiries have brought a deafening silence.  Meanwhile I'm out $35 Cdn. 

Definitely One unhappy customer.

Give them a little time, be calm and persistent and polite. It's a small team that does beautiful work, a bit heavy on memory so anticipate that. They run their business I think a bit on whim and inclination, so just go with the flow on that. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Give them a little time, be calm and persistent and polite. It's a small team that does beautiful work, a bit heavy on memory so anticipate that. They run their business I think a bit on whim and inclination, so just go with the flow on that. ;)

What kind of nonsense is that? They have a store up and running that is functional up to and including the point where they actually take your money so it's their responsibility to make sure the rest works as well, or take the store down completely. It doesn't matter how small their team is or how nice the things they make are.

Yes, I know it says "Do NOT order via our store" on the product details page but why doesn't it say so on the store front or after you click the "Add to cart" button? Sure the OP should have been sensible enough to read the product details before going through with the purchase but that's not really an excuse for McPhat to leave their website in this state, with a store that will take your money but do nothing else.

• Upvote 1

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

I did a websearch, on McPhat, "Eyecandy simmin' popped up, beautiful graphics, went to my account opened previously, hit the buy button, they took my money, directed me to the download page, I hit the download button and WHAM broken link. Since then one enquiry as to what I actually bought, then  a deafening silence.  Their ticket system seems to be running, I just get no response.

I agree with lowflyer.  If  they are running their business on a "whim and inclination"  they shouldn't have taken my money.  At least give me a refund and let me buy elsewhere.

Problem solved.  They redirected me to the f1 website and gave me a key.

Thank you McPhat.  Better late than never! 

I did a websearch, on McPhat, "Eyecandy simmin' popped up, beautiful graphics, went to my account opened previously, hit the buy button, they took my money, directed me to the download page, I hit the download button and WHAM broken link. Since then one enquiry as to what I actually bought, then  a deafening silence.  Their ticket system seems to be running, I just get no response.

I agree with lowflyer.  If  they are running their business on a "whim and inclination"  they shouldn't have taken my money.  At least give me a refund and let me buy elsewhere.

Problem solved.  They redirected me to the f1 website and gave me a key.

Thank you McPhat.  Better late than never! 

I can totally sympathize with you, however sometimes things don't always go our way and patience is key to getting what you want. Chest thumping and dumping on them only creates friction which makes it less likely for someone to want to help. If in the end you are still dissatisfied with their service, do what I do, boycott silently (not them, I haven't patronized McPhat yet). 

I can totally sympathize with you, however sometimes things don't always go our way and patience is key to getting what you want. Chest thumping and dumping on them only creates friction which makes it less likely for someone to want to help. If in the end you are still dissatisfied with their service, do what I do, boycott silently (not them, I haven't patronized McPhat yet). 

This is not just a temporary glitch in their service though. They are knowingly providing a service that doesn't work; a store that accepts payment and then directs the customer to a dead download link. Now, I'm very sure it's in no way out of malice that they're doing this but it is irresponsible and they need to fix it before it causes any damage to their reputation. At the very least replace the checkout page with one that links to the Flight1 wrapper downloads rather than to Paypal.

Let me finish by saying that I don't dislike McPhat in any way and I know they make some really nice stuff and I am not intending to discourage anyone from buying anything from they. I'm just hoping they will take their responsibility as professionals and fix this.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Nonsense.   He's a paying customer and needs to be given what he's paid for, without dancing the dance as you suggest.

What kind of nonsense is that? They have a store up and running that is functional up to and including the point where they actually take your money so it's their responsibility to make sure the rest works as well, or take the store down completely. It doesn't matter how small their team is or how nice the things they make are.

Yes, I know it says "Do NOT order via our store" on the product details page but why doesn't it say so on the store front or after you click the "Add to cart" button? Sure the OP should have been sensible enough to read the product details before going through with the purchase but that's not really an excuse for McPhat to leave their website in this state, with a store that will take your money but do nothing else.

+ 1,00000 !

Incidentally to the OP, I had exactly the same issue a year ago.   Bought; no download link live, no reply to emails.  That was for the DC-9 VC pack.     Got it eventually but I would never, ever deal with McPhat again.     Totally unprofessional outfit IMHO.

Search the forums - many people have had this experience with McPhat.

For the want of not being regarded a coward.....Never mind, Q has said it all for me. :wink:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Wait... they're saying that you should not order via their store... and they're still keeping it alive?

If they're saying you shouldn't order from the store, they just should take it down! Not allow it to accept payments! This is complete madness.

I'm sorry you wasted your money on that rubbish.

The product is a class act, it's the service the OP is complaining about.

Yeah, there's one nice girl, maybe an undergrad or someone's daughter, who responds if you're nice; and the head of the little studio was quite prompt in manually sending me my keys or whatever when I didn't get them through the broken automated system.

BIG DEAL.

You're not dealing with Macy's here, just a little group of underpaid artists who work things out when they feel like on coffee break, or after the weed's worn off.

I find it quite charming. :)

I find it quite charming. :)

Have I missed something? McPhat (who's their PR?) is a commercial outfit isn't it? :unsure:

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.