Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Donations Made (2) - No "donator" Banner Added To My Id.

Hi Folks,

I made two separate donations to Avsim yesterday, using the PayPal system thats integrated into the donate forum section.

Both were elligible to have the "donator" banner added to my ID, but as yet it has not been added?

If there's a time delay, forgive my impatience - no hurry - it's just not clear to me whether it does take some time to update, or whether the donations haven't been picked up.

Thanks.

Dave.

Same here.

Sent a message but haven't had a reply.

Paid by credit card via paypal, receipt received but nothing from avsim as yet.

Oh well, at least I'm not alone.   :smile:

Perhaps they need 'adding' manually by someone.   If this was perhaps added on the donate screen, at least people would know and wouldn't then chase.

I've sent an email to the PayPal contact too, although just sent it today to be fair.

Mmmm.... I've just received a "domain does not exist" email rejection, concerning the email address that is given as a contact email address on the PayPal transaction:-

kwhitwell at someplace.ca

Message:   Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain; email address does not exist.

So no email address contact for PayPal transactions to AVSIM at the moment.   :(

Respectfully, (and you guys do an amazing job and EVERYONE should donate), you guys really need an active email address as your contact on your PayPal account.

Mmmm.... I've just received a "domain does not exist" email rejection, concerning the email address that is given as a contact email address on the PayPal transaction:-

kwhitwell at someplace.ca

Message:   Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain; email address does not exist

I've edited the address (even though non-existent) to prevent spambots from seeing it.

In any case, it may well be a misconfiguration of the PayPal account, as the correct address should be rwhit... not kwhit...

...I think. I could be wrong though, as it may be directed to his wife's email address.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks Bill.     I'll try firing one off to rwhitwell.

Anyone in the AVSIM team able to help clarify regarding this matter?

Thanks Bill.     I'll try firing one off to rwhitwell.

Anyone in the AVSIM team able to help clarify regarding this matter?

How about contacting me? I am trying to identify the account that did make two donations yesterday, with an email address that does not appear in our database? Did you make two $5 donations?

Same here.

Sent a message but haven't had a reply.

Paid by credit card via paypal, receipt received but nothing from avsim as yet.

As you can see, your donation was recorded. Thank you.

Q-Flyer, signed as Dave Romford, is actually Dave Rogers who runs a company called "Village Mastering UK". I encourage you to look it up.The email in Dave Romford's PayPal account goes to Village Mastering. That email was also the email address of a user known as "Twiglet". Twiglet's IP also connects to a user known as "T1492". There were multiple IP's from which all three accounts crossed. Now, to the meat of the story; Twiglet was banned in 2012. We had had a raft of BS coming at us from the U.K., included harassment,  calls for me to turn over the site to the Brits who would run it better etc. We connected "Twiglet" with some of that activity and banned the account. Magically, in early 2013 both Q-Flyer shows up. He was silly enough to use his Dave Roger's PayPal account to donate to us, which we appreciate the gesture of, but, banned is banned, especially for the BS that we put up with through most of 2012 (and some of it was really nasty stuff). So, I have refunded Dave's two donations and have re-banned him.

Got to be careful what you mean when you ask for a banner! You're quite like to get one. :lol:  Sorry, but I bet Dave didn't see that coming.

To be serious, he must have committed nigh on all of the seven deadly sins back in 2012, for this to be revisited. :rolleyes:

Given that there were several accounts/emails floating about, is it conceivable that Dave isn't the ogre he's made out to be? I've not seen any post by him that wasn't up front. 

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

If a donation is *really* honest, the donor won't care whether he's given a badge or not...

Just curious, why was the guy banned?

I believe in people reforming, if the guy never "reoffended", why would you ban him again?

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Got to be careful what you mean when you ask for a banner! You're quite like to get one. :lol:  Sorry, but I bet Dave didn't see that coming.

To be serious, he must have committed nigh on all of the seven deadly sins back in 2012, for this to be revisited. :rolleyes:

You had to be on the receiving end of what we went through to appreciate the poetic justice of this. Not the brightest bulb at the pub, that's for sure. I have zero tolerance for any abuse of our volunteers. That is only one sin that was committed and that was enough.

I believe in people reforming, if the guy never "reoffended", why would you ban him again?

See my post in response to Ron above. And... just so we are all clear; I am not going to get into a debate about whether he should have been re-banned or not. He's re-banned, and that is the way it is going to stay.

EDIT: Not to be too subtle, but he did maintain duplicate accounts between his Q-Flyer and t1492 accounts. That in itself is a serious violation of our terms of service.

Got to be careful what you mean when you ask for a banner! You're quite like to get one. :lol: :

Haha, a banner, you crack me up :) :) :) As a none English native speaker, it took a while, but man. I'm crying now!

@Alpha Floor: I would think that presenting yourself with a fake identity like this is enough to get oneself "a banner".

23.png