Sign in to follow this  
Anxu00

What Is Your Favourite Jet Route?

I like VABB-OMDB. (PMDG 777)

I like the OMDB and Doha (OTBD) too.

I really need a good Puerto Rico add on scenery......so I can fly to TNCM and back.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

For a longer 737 flight I like KTPA or KFLL to KLAX or KSFO  --  For ETOPS flights I like PANC to PHNL, PHLI, or PHKO.  Or KLAX/KSFO to the Hawaiian Islands. 

For a mid range 737 flight I like KMDW or KBUF to KFLL or KTPA

For a short hop good for limited time in the 737 I like KTPA to KFLL or KLAX to KLAX or KSFO.  If you have a bit more time KPHX to KLAX or KSFO

For the 777 I only fly long flights.  I like OMDB to KDFW, KLAX, or KSFO.  

For little less time in the 777 I like VHHH to CYVR, KLAX, or KSFO

I fly a lot of routes but these are the ones I do most.  The reason why is because I enjoy the third party add-ons from FlyTampa, FSDT, and FlightBeam

As Australia wakes up....

I like YSCB-YBBN, especially when the route goes along the coast and with ORBX scenery.

YSSY-YSCB is a fun fast flight, I've been a pax on that (many, many times) and it is only 21 mins take-off to touchdown.

B.

WW1294.png

Some short hops between some nice freeware airports:

LHPP - LIEO (EDIT: LHPP has a very short runway; consider LHDC instead! :blush: )

LIEO - LBBG

Edited by olli4740

I like VABB-OMDB. (PMDG 777)

I like the OMDB and Doha (OTBD) too.

I really need a good Puerto Rico add on scenery......so I can fly to TNCM and back.

Blue Print Simulations has a free Puerto Rico airport, it's simple but much better than the default. They also have Barbados!

Thanks everyone who has taken the time to respond so far.  I am taking plenty of note ;=)  My own short favourite short route are CYVR-CYYC and LZRH-LSGG, I like flying over mountain range ;), my longer route is Anchorage-Fort worth.  CYVR-KSFO is also another favourite.  

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I fly KJFK or KLGA to KBOS.  I have all 3 airport add-ons.  Nice 45 minute flight.  Perfect for 737 or 777.   45   minutes is all I can spare a night flying.

So KORD to KMDW 10 minutes

KTPA to KMCO 20 minutes

KMIA to KFLL then to KPBI then to KMLB  is a nice jump arpund in Florida

The shortest route I have seen for a 777 is AA 950 or 951 from Sao Paulo to Rio.  I did that flight a few times for real as a passenger on a 777.   But on my sim, I'll take my 777 anywhere.

Paul Gugliotta

My favorite long haul is KJFK-WSSS, New York Kennedy to Singapore Changi. This is a true polar route practically due north to due south requiring grid navigation, tricky winds and some neat time zone changes. I use ASN for weather, PFPX for flight planning and AivlaSoft EFB for flight following, SIDS, STAR and Approach planning. The T7 CDU uploads enroute winds which is a great feature on routes with lots of waypoints. The PFPX fuel planning is pretty good and I usually arrive with predicted fuel on board.

For short hauls I like PHLI-PHTO which is Lihue on Kauai to Hilo on the Big Island. I have the photorealistic scenery for all of the islands and the FSDT Hawaii aIrports which make for some stunning visuals.

Paul- What addons do you recommend for KLGA and KBOS? I have FSDT KJFK but would like these also.

Thanks,

Rick

I fly From KMEM (Memphis) To PANC (Anchorage) FedEx Express, From KMEM (Memphis) To KLAX (Los Angeles).

If you like mountains you'll love flying around New Zealand. I enjoy NZWN-NZQN a lot as the mountain approach to Queenstown is spectacular, Wellington also has its challenges. 

This can potentially become a very nice thread if people post some screenshots as well!

But J route defined as 18,000 and above seems counter-intuitive to screenshots when compared to lower altitudes.

My favorite J route is J-80 (USA) as it covers so much of this country from E to W (or from W to E).

My favourite routes are across the atlantic at this moment. Mostly because those are for me the better scenerys.

Blue Ocean at FL?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

My favorite J route is J-80 (USA) as it covers so much of this country from E to W (or from W to E).

haha - I was going to say similar as a joke, but I figured I'd spare everyone since I knew the OP was talking about "route pair" and not V or J airways (no dashes in airways, btw - just J80).

Kyle Rodgers

I knew the OP was talking about "route pair"

Correct!  I misused the term Jet route.  Cities pair it is  :P

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

For the US my favorite is KMSP to KMDW.  Great approach into Chicago and the view is amazing.  Takeoffs out of KMDW is also amazing and the approach into KMSP in the summer is something to behold with all the lakes around.

All around great approaches in the US are KSAN, KPSP, PAJN (curved approach departure with degraded visibility most of the time), and KEGE.

Hands down the best approach/destination route anywhere in the world today (now that Kai Tak is gone) is the Sao Paulo to Rio route in Brazil.  Taking off a short city runway in SBSP to an amazing curved Kai Tak'ish yet short runway approach to SBRJ is amazing both in the real world and virtually.  Whether going or coming it's an amazing route.  Everyone should try this.  Get the great payware scenery that's offered for this area and give it a go.  The flight is less than an hour but it's a thrilling hop.  Learn the proper approach into SBRJ and gratification upon a successful landing is second to none.  These Brazilian pilots truly have the best all around airliner flying to be had today. Totally underrated... 

:p0502:

EDIT:  Didn't realize this was in the PMDG forum pertaining mainly to the 777.  Just the same GOL flies 737-700/800's on this route so it still applies. 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I always like to sim routes that are available in real life and the ones operated by the LR as it is the variant we currently have. At the moment i am really enjoying PK721 which is a flight from karachi to JFK with 2 stops at lahore and manchester. OPKC-OPLA-EGCC-KJFK. A tremendous flight with an experience of flying across asia, europe and the americas. You shall try it!

Saif Salama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk