Sign in to follow this  
MatOakley

Switched To Dx10 And Now Random Changes From Full Screen To Window

Hi all

I decided to try DX10 now I have a better pc and card, and have also installed the paid version of DX10 fixer.

Generally very happy, but I get these random moments when the sim carries on running but minimises and then returns in windowed mode.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Mat

When that happens, it means some other app in the background is taking focus away from FSX. So you need to check what is running. DX10 fixer does not run in the background, as it is set and forget.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

MCE= Multicrew Experience.  Badfinger is right; something is taking focus.  Shut down other programs until you find the one.

Randall

Right click on fsx.exe; under compatibility choose disable themes and desktop composition.  See if that helps.

Randall

I didnt have those options.  Must be something that has recently installed that is causing it.  Will have to go back through logs - might be a Windows update thing as Ive seen a few people reporting this suddenly

Right click and choose Properties and then Compatibility. You might be right about a Windows update. Come back and let us know if you discover a fix.

Randall

Im not 100% sure but I think that it may be something that happened when the graphics demands got too high.  I have dialed everything down a bit (including AA in the DX10 fixer), and it hasnt happened since

M

Interesting.  I'll consider this the next time it happens.  It's rare and random for me

Randall

Generally very happy, but I get these random moments when the sim carries on running but minimises and then returns in windowed mode.

Hmmmm..  Open your fsx.cfg, Matt, and check under [uSERINTERFACE] that :-

PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS= 

is equal to "1".   If it's set to 1, the sim should not keep running in the background. 

Note: Graphics demand will not cause this: it is highly likely - 98% that this is caused - as most others have said - by another app taking the focus. 

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.