Sign in to follow this  
whitetimer

Voice Packs

Now that I have VoxATC running really good in P3D, are there any voice pack addons worth looking at ?

Cheers

I use some of the Ivona voices and they are great quality but expensive in my opinion.

Yeah..they are expensive..i just have one of them and have a couple of voxpop voices...

I use some of the Ivona voices and they are great quality but expensive in my opinion.

What is the link to the site you used?

Which Ivona packs have you used with VoxATC?

How did you install them for yous with VoxATC?

What is the cost per pack?

I just started testing the VOXpop packs .. I have a problem understanding some spoken words, some sentences cut off the last word ... so far in my testing anyway.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

vonmar:

If you don't have AT&T Natural voices Mike and Crystal, you can get both for $35 at http://nextup.com

This is my first time working with voice packs .. or wondering if specific ones will work properly with Win7 and VoxATC.

So, I really appreciate the feedback.

Am just now testing VoxATC for two days now.

If I end up purchasing I will get additional voices ...

Right now I cannot get past contacting FSS ON 122.1 on the test flight KMCI-KOMA ... it just hangs up and I have to close the flight and exit FSX.

I am using the new version 6.34 and the additional voice packs for it.

Best Regards,

vonmar:

If you don't have AT&T Natural voices Mike and Crystal, you can get both for $35 at http://nextup.com

Hello,

Thank you for the link. Downloading...

Regards,

Richard Portier.

Vonmar you wrote :

"Right now I cannot get past contacting FSS ON 122.1 on the test flight KMCI-KOMA ... it just hangs up and I have to close the flight and exit FSX.

I am using the new version 6.34 and the additional voice packs for it."

Concerning your issue with FSS, what happens exactly ? Have you just no answer or an error message ?

If you have no answer and no error message, just callback 2 or 3 times and wait. Sometimes the answer coming quickly, sometimes you must wait for one or two minutes then FSS replies.

I mailed to Tegwyn West (VoxAtc author) about this problem (because after one minute I thought the program was blocked). He answered promptly "If you don't get a reply from an ATC unit, just like in real life make the call again."

If you have some other problem, read some recent topics on this page about some "glitch" in the last 6.34 version.

I think/hope/guess a new version will be released soon.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Richard,

Thanks for the reply.

Tell us how well you enjoy the purchased voice-packs after you use them.

Also, earlier today I sent the following message and jpgs  to VoxATC:

Hello,

Testing Using v6.34 with FSX saved flight KMCI-KOMA.

The first test flight KMCI-KOMA flight failed at Contact FSS
I did and the next screen said: Initiate FSS COMMS.
I could not go beyond this point.
I exited FSX and re-booted PC

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tw5z67kx7flcytb/voxatc-initCOMMS.jpg

The second test flight KMCI-KOMA flight failed at Clearance readback.
Every 20 seconds the controller asked for another readback.
After numerous readbacks from me it worked.

Then, a few minutes later it failed at contact FSS.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fz8m1o94osly7g/VoxATC-Stuck-ColumbiaRadio.jpg

Best Regards,

Vonmar,

At this time I do not tested with Fsx/VoxAtc. Anyway the voices seems better that VoxPop.

You can test the voices on the http://nextup.com site (you write a sentence with for example "heading 230, descent and maintain 2000" or any words you want).

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

The boxed version of VOXATC comes with four AT&T natural voices, that are not part of the download version.  The box is an older version of 6.0, but you can upgrade at no cost, so you get the four voices "free."   AT&T Mel, Charles, Mike and Crystal are all are good.  I also have the IVONA five pack of American voices, which are better, IMHO.  My favorite voices are the two IVONA Australian voices of Russell and Nicole.  They both have a strong accent and are a gas when flying ORBX Australia and New Zealand.  I've been lucky enough over the past four years with VOXATC to have accumulated a good number of voices (including Microsoft Anna), which really makes for an interesting flight if you can get the VOXATC traffic slider up to at least 50%.           

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.