Sign in to follow this  
FaxCap

FS Force....I love this thing!

After buying a Microsoft Force Feedback2 stick back in August I wasdisappointed in the poor performance. I contacted MS and even exchanged some e:mail with the FS9 team but got nowhere. Then I found out someone was writing a feedback program for all feedback sticks. I contacted Russ and he asked if I would like to beta test. I joined on to the beta team and from the very first beat it was obvious Russ had written a fantastic program. Very very few bugs.To get to my point here....even if you are fairly happy with your force feedback stick at least give FS Force a free trial! The first time you taxi or take off an aircraft and you feel the bumps on the taxiway or runways you'll be hooked! :-)Now that M$ has stopped selling the Force Feedback2 grab one now before the word gets out about FS Force! :-)FaxCapps. I do not work for Russ! I am posting this because I am now soSOLD on FS Force.

> The first time you>taxi or take off an >aircraft and you feel the bumps on the taxiway or runways>you'll be hooked! :-)I am a real pilot and the last thing I feel in my (real) yoke are runway 'bumps'. The emphasis on 'bumps' in the original FF is what turned off many real pilots like myself from using any FF devices. If there is any place where runway bumps can be felt it is through the rudder instead.I hope runway 'bumps' can be turned off and instead we get realistic in-flight behaviour like proper forces in turns, trim and speed-varying characteristics.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

>I am a real pilot and the last thing I feel in my (real) yoke are runway 'bumps'.Depends on what your flying, a lot of the time too :) Being fresh out of a real plane just 3 hours ago, I can say I feel the "bumps" on the runway or taxiway. Bumps don't have to mean bouncing up and down, but the control surfaces move. Say your right wheel goes into a hole, the yoke will jerk left and right; or if your nosewheel goes into a hole then, the yoke will bobble back and forth. Keep in mind- not too much, but it is noticeable... well- atleast it is in a 152, or 172 (and probally other similar singles)... But obviously if were talking about a 777 or A340... I'm playing in the wrong ballpark :)...Just to add in, I've never used a FF stick- so my entire analysis is based on real life experience... How is it that the FF sticks work... do they vibrate, move around, jolt? Not sure. :+Happy Flying,Jason :-wave

For some reason whenever you hear people rave about FF it is limited to taxing or landing. I am yet to hear anyone come up with a believable review of FF where it really matters - in flight. Does the stick gradually 'stifens' during the takeoff roll, how does it feel during turns or trimming, etc. Whenever I tried FF so far I was very quickly disappointed - the emulated forces may be good for shoot-them-up games but are totally inadequate for emulating true yoke forces. I applaud developer's offer to test the program on the free-trail basis. I will be waiting however for some genuine review of the product before I get myself another FF stick.Michael J.

>For some reason whenever you hear people rave about FF it is limited to taxing or landing. Even better point :)Or to add to the stifening of the controls on takeoff roll, does the ailerons turn a bit by themselves if there is a cross wind? I.E. If your taking off in a crosswind, your going to have the yoke turned in the appropriate direction to correct for the wind and it will gradually come out of that as you reach rotation speed... My knowledge of FF sticks are limited to back in FS2000 days when I saw a box that said "Vibrating Action!" - so thats my huge database of knowledge of this topic :-lol ;)The AVSIM Front Page Reads as follows:"On the ground, you'll feel bumps, dips, pavement grooves, sharp cornering, braking forces, hard landings and more. In the air, you'll feel realistic trim forces, and centering forces that vary with airspeed. You can also add friction and damping to the flight controls to further enhance realism."Though, I guess the bumps, dips, and all are random since we cannot see them in the sim- or does it correspond with the bitmaps we have as ground textures, that would be very interesting- as I actually tend to go around them instead of over them like they're not really there.I may look into getting a FF stick, im using an old Sidewinder 3D pro I got back with FS98- and still works like a charm :D This topic intrigues me :D>You can also add friction and damping to the flight controls to further enhance realism."Does this mean that when we touchdown in wet WX we will skid around a bit and when rolling out the brakes will be kind of non-responsive?, or on takeoff the (rudder) controls will be sensitiveNot to get into the price topic, but I think the price is very steep ( 45 Canadian Dollar = 34.35 US Dollar ) Just spent $600 to buy a block of flight time, and next hundred dollars go to Oakley sunglasses :) Throw a few extra dollars in and save up for a FF stick maybe, see what the hype is about :DTake Care,Jason :-wave

>I hope runway 'bumps' can be turned off and instead we get>realistic in-flight behaviour like proper forces in turns,>trim and speed-varying characteristics.>Michael J.Yes you can turn the gain down to "0" if you want.All profiles can be tweaked to your heart's content.I can set the speed point at which the forces startto take effect with ease and where they level off or fade.Also the strength of the force as it relates to the speed the aircraft is travelling. this goes for both the Ailerons & elevatorsettings.I'll try to upload some pics of the setting boxes.If I manage to get them up note the blue lines. Yiu just use yourmouse to drag the line into a new position and test it with the Virtual aircraft. If you don't like it move it back.FaxCap