Sign in to follow this  
Giorgio262

Flight Attitude At Fixed Altitude

In brief: I noticed when flying with autopilot on at a fixed altitude and speed, the planes tend to fly with a nose down attitude, noticed this with the jetliners. It looks a bit weird, as it looks a bit like what a helicopter would do. I expected a plane at a fixed altitude to look parallel to the horizon, am I wrong? With the hud camera on I can see that for the aspect mark to be at horizon level the --v-- marking is infact below the horizon.

This is not a problem for me. Check your flap settings. If you are above 220 knots for example, you should have 0 flaps.

flaps at 0º. I might post a screenshot or 2, one of these days. I'll try with all the jetliners I have and see if there are any exceptions.

wind was actually set at 0 knots ...but turbulence was set on light, just tried switching that off, and the 777 I just tested seems to be able to fly straight again. I get the feeling wind and turbulence are not the best simulated features in IF. btw thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I have noticed this too but only in certain aircraft such as the E175 but only at certain speeds to and no flaps werent extended at all.

What kind of altitude and speed ? In real life you shouldn't be over 250kts below 10000 feet. This also is as IF said due to old models that aren't as realistic as the 737.

Have a good day

Flew it today and noticed it around 8-11,000 from 230-320 knots.

As I spent a bit more time with the game lately, now I can say I was wrong to think it was wind related. As far as I can tell the nose down attitude happens at different combinations of speed and altitude regardless of any wind setting. Sometimes it's just about try and speed up or slow down and the plane goes back to flying parallel to the ground.

All in all I could understand the nose-up attitude would happen when the plane is struggling to keep altitude with too little throttle, it made sense. What I didn't foresee was that it would fly nose down If I tried to keep a selected altitude while flying (perhaps) too fast. Don't know if this happens in real life too, or perhaps it's just how the physics of Infinite Flight work.