Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Apr 24/ 16:00 Hours Very Rough Air On The East Coast!

Very rough air at 2,800 FT between Martha's Vineyard, and Boston Logan......ASN is really giving Accu-Feel a workout.

Try touch and go's in this....chop---bounce---chop....prop breaks off....uh oh.....

I'll have to plug in some historic weather when I get home tonight. Thanks for the heads up!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I'll have to plug in some historic weather when I get home tonight. Thanks for the heads up!

No problem...and just paused to post that HUGE and long ocean wave swells are rolling in towards the coastline North West under REX 4 Direct's Glimmer water setting under DX10! Simply awesome to view as I travel toward Boston Logan at 2,800 Ft. This is a new 'long wave swell that I have not seen to date.  The wind is really whipping the water today...at 16:30 hours. What fun! 

Life is good.....back to the flight.

Post Edit:  I'm soon about to land at Boston Logan in the SkyMaster 377...and I am being thrown around like a Disney ride at 16:40 hours. I SURE would not like to be any poor slob...in a tube trying to land at Logan International at this time.  You can't tell me there will be no chance of wind shear today...wow....I hope that I make it down without leaving parts on the runway (mine, or the plane's...)   .....wish me luck! :)

Just touched down on the active of 33L What a ride...there was some serious float due to updrafts at about 50 feet from the surface.  What a ride!   Now to taxi in for some good seafood and Boston Cream Ale....

Life is good...but is very good, in Boston.....!  A fabulous city to live in and to visit....

Night, all.

Mitch'er

Thanks for the weather tip. I like when people post about weather events. Kind of reminds of the scene from Aviator... "There are clouds in Oakland, Mr. Hughes!"

It's also quite helpful that you posted the UTC. I wish people got in the habit of citing this. "Right now" means you end up looking at forum time stamps, doing UTC conversions, etc.  

I can tell you that in real life it was quite bumpy indeed on the east coast, so I guess ASN is pretty up to date :-)

The low pressure area to the east from yesterday is still pretty strong.

Made for an interesting cross wind landing.

The approach into JFK in the Maddog was fun today!

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

and just paused to post that HUGE and long ocean wave swells are rolling in towards the coastline North West under REX 4 Direct's Glimmer water setting under DX10! Simply awesome to view as I travel toward Boston Logan at 2,800 Ft. This is a new 'long wave swell that I have not seen to date. The wind is really whipping the water today...at 16:30 hours. What fun!

Ok...ok...you've gone too far. DX10 water animations are not that good...lol :P

oh and uhh...pics or didn't happen!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Funny I downloaded the ASN to try the DEMO went from KBOS to KOWD.. and yes the air was strong.. I was getting blown around on the runway at Logan.. and in the air the plane Carenado Centurion 210 was bouncing all over the place.. pretty cool!.. and yes it was windy as heck outside in RL today too..

Ok...ok...you've gone too far. DX10 water animations are not that good...lol :P

oh and uhh...pics or didn't happen!

Oh...they sure were! [large and happy grin] Ray... with Glimmer...call me a coast cruiser ...DX10 forever!