Sign in to follow this  
Guest tgabriel

Around the Continent - Web Link

Guest tgabriel

Hi all,I haven't had time to post some shots from the latest leg of my trip but I have started posting the trips on my web site. If you want to see more shots of the trips, legs 1 - 4 are up now at the following link:http://www.thisispicturethat.com/around_th...inent_main.htmlHappy New year to you all and thanks for visiting...

Very nice. Flights like you have done are great both for the relatively short legs, and the geography you get to see as well of the country you are flying over. I once did US InterState 80 (I-80), which runs from SFO to NYC, via some big places on the way.Thanks for sharing,Bruce.

Guest tgabriel

Thanks.I am finishing up the leg from St Pauls island to King Salmon on the mainland of Alaska and then I am going to have to take a short break from flying to get all of it posted on the site. This last leg will be #14 and each leg takes a few hours to prepare for the site even using Dreamweaver...Long term I plan to reverse the Route 66 trip and had thought about an I-40 from Wilmington, NC to Barstow, CA because I live right on I-40 in Raleigh, NC.Thanks again...

Thanks.Does I-40 termonate in Barstow, or go into LA? I always have wanted to go to NC, I know some folks from there and it sounds very nice. Lots of high-tech going on too?It must be warmer than Denver, we had a high of about 5F here today! (Curent wx on The Weather Channel says 0F, fells like -11F) !!Bruce.

Guest tgabriel

The sign on the outskirts of Wilmington says Barstow California, two thousand some-odd miles. It seems it ought to go on to Santa Barbara or San Diego but it stops out there in the desert. I-15 coming from the North takes over and continues southwest to San Diego, I think.High tech is picking up a little but we are really still getting hurt by the offshoring of the programming and help desk jobs. That, however, is a topic for a different forum:-roll Today it was 72 but it's raining now and later in the week they are forecasting teens and low twenty's at night. Highs usually run in the 40s this time of year. Hotter than heck in the summer though...:-lol

Guest Akumas

I'm not fammiliar with this idea, can somebody please explain it?

Guest tgabriel

Sorry, my friend. First of all, welcome to the Avsim fora.:-wave Second, what idea are you not familiar with? :-hmmm