Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

26APR14 - SP1/300ER Update "What Could Possibly Take So Long?!"

They were realtively benign comments in passing until your stirring here :)

Not really since anyone is elligible to purchase P3d, and every other licence I've bought on FSX has worked on P3D without extra cost. e.g A2A Cessna, Aerosoft Airbus, Active Sky Next, Add-on airports, ORBX, Terrain Mesh add-ons, etc...

I'm seeing more and more 3rd party developers coming on board, and since P3D will eventually attract the majority of FSX users in the long term, PMDG will need to price accordingly to compete.

Benign, sure, but not well placed, and showing a remarkable level of ignorance, as your post did.

Just because other developers are releasing for P3D does not mean that they're doing so legally (though, depending on their agreement with the manufacturer of the data, it may very well be).

In order to sell a product for P3D, you need to have a commercial license with that source. If PMDG releases Boeing data in a commercial market (which P3D is, effectively), they need a commercial license. Fact. Commercial licenses from Boeing cost a lot of money. Another fact. You really think PMDG is going to take a loss on their product to be "competitive?"

Can't wait to be the guy in the room, chuckling in the back when you all finally figure out the difference between entertainment and commercial, and their associated costs.

I'll be that guy when they post the cost for their P3D line...

*chuckles* Now off for a beer...

Kyle Rodgers

Benign, sure, but not well placed, and showing a remarkable level of ignorance, as your post did.

Just because other developers are releasing for P3D does not mean that they're doing so legally (though, depending on their agreement with the manufacturer of the data, it may very well be).

In order to sell a product for P3D, you need to have a commercial license with that source. If PMDG releases Boeing data in a commercial market (which P3D is, effectively), they need a commercial license. Fact. Commercial licenses from Boeing cost a lot of money. Another fact. You really think PMDG is going to take a loss on their product to be "competitive?"

Can't wait to be the guy in the room, chuckling in the back when you all finally figure out the difference between entertainment and commercial, and their associated costs.

I'll be that guy when they post the cost for their P3D line...

*chuckles* Now off for a beer...

Of course I'm ignorant. I'm just an average dumb consumer. But that doesn't change the fact that FSX is a dead platform which doesn't have a long term future. Which leaves only XP10 and P3D.

PMDG can not survive on the FSX platform forever, right?

Besides as for licensing issues, I am encouraged by the following quote "PMDG are currently working with our licensing partners to expand and clarify scope restrictions under our current license agreements..."

By the way, I enjoy your video's Kyle, each one makes me a little less ignorant. Liked the the recent weather radar speel. Good stuff B) .

Troy-

This is not a thread to discuss P3D.

Your presumptions regarding P3D licensing are grossly off the mark and relfect the general level of intellectual property ignorance that forum-based group-think has created surrounding P3D.

You can learn all information that is curently publicly available regarding our P3D licensing in the thead which is titled as such.  For those of users associated with our enterprise/commercial clients- you can learn about P3D pricing via your designated flight department.

Further discussion of P3D in non P3D threads is not desired.  If someone has legitimate questions, please ask them.  But don't make an a%$ of yourself in other threads just to attract attention. 

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Sorry Robert, I apologise.

Troy-

Sorry Robert, I apologise.

Thanks for saying that.  I recognize that you are not one of the big "hijack the thread" offenders- but we are starting to dial in on that type of behavior so even if your post was well intentioned it got our attention...  Please don't think we aren't interested in your question- we are.

Unfortunately there is quite a bit more at play here than just "what do we decide we want to work on today?!"

(Some day- probably a year or two from now- someone remember to ask me what life was like around PMDG when MH370 went missing...  That will give you a master's level education on why we stick to the rules and respect IP law as rigidly as we do...  wow...)

I just updated that P3D post with slightly new information Troy... If you have other questions- start a thread and ask them.  I TRY to answer threads that are new/interesting/un-trolling.  :ph34r:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks as always for the update Robert, will be patiently waiting, I'll look forward to seeing those images in the meantime... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Troy-

Thanks for saying that.  I recognize that you are not one of the big "hijack the thread" offenders- but we are starting to dial in on that type of behavior so even if your post was well intentioned it got our attention...  Please don't think we aren't interested in your question- we are.

Unfortunately there is quite a bit more at play here than just "what do we decide we want to work on today?!"

Understood. Thanks for this follow up, I felt really bad :wacko: .

And Kyle I always enjoy your input and videos. Keep them coming.

In the mean time looking forward to 777 SP1 :wub:

Waiting patiently... 

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Ahh interesting news! I just moved house so only got to check the forums today via my phone tethering - no internet yet at new house! Oh calamity! However - I have a few extra rooms this time round and one of them will have a sign on the door saying "PMDG Room - Do Not Disturb" - Ah the joys of a brand new house!! The PMDG room will be set up and ready in a week or two, hopefully in time for the SP1 etc etc.

(Some day- probably a year or two from now- someone remember to ask me what life was like around PMDG when MH370 went missing...  That will give you a master's level education on why we stick to the rules and respect IP law as rigidly as we do...  wow...)

I'm sure that's going to be one of those "Gather around kiddies, I have a story to tell you" moments. I can only imagine what has been going on behind the scenes!

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Vielen Dank an alle! Ich bin Eine alte Deutschland und Groß PMDG-Fan. Aber mein Englisch Nicht gut! Bitte: PMDG! Habe ICH in deinem Geschäft kaufen und kaufen zum Aerosoft Deutschland.

Beste Wisches.

Airbusfan

Michael Höft

I hope this is right?

Two Name

Vielen Dank an alle! Ich bin Eine alte Deutschland und Groß PMDG-Fan. Aber mein Englisch Nicht gut! Bitte: PMDG! Habe ICH in deinem Geschäft kaufen und kaufen zum Aerosoft Deutschland.

Beste Wisches.

Airbusfan

Michael Höft

I hope this is right?

Two Name

Next time, copy & paste the other half of Google Translate!   :lol:

And, yes, Michael, the box version will come. To Germany, as well. To the Aerosoft store Germany also.