Sign in to follow this  
Luc Brusselmans

Airport elevation problems....

good afternoon everybody,

It is probably my own fault but I can't find a solution.

Let's start at the beginning:

- I have installed a complete 'clean' Windows 7 74bit. Fully updated.

- I have tested this setup for a few hours, opening files and folders, moving folders.... and it looks like it's completely stable.

- I installed a 'clean' FSX, again fully updated but without any addon's.

- again I did test this setup and it runs like it should run (no surprise here because there is nothing in it that could cause it to crash)

- I did a complete install of FS Global ultimate which places 8 scenery layers just above the "1107 base" layer.

This goes from Asia - Oceania - Europe - Africa - Americas ANT - Americas NAM - Americas CSA to Local Meshes (with local meshes being at the top of this list) 

- I installed FTX Global (version 1.20) and the installation routine inserts 4 scenery layers at the top of the scenerylist (above the "addon scenery" entry.

(ORBX!OPENLC_BASE / ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1 / ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1 / FTXAA_ORBXLIBS - with FTXAA_ORBXLIBS at the top)

- So far everything is working as expected.

The problem starts with installing FTXGLOBAL VECTOR (version1.10)

this installation puts again some layers in the scenerylist and since the manual states those layers are not to be moved I assume they are at the correct position from the start.

However, when I position my aircraft at KSEA I am surrounded with walls and cliffs.....and cars are crossing runway 34R

I can get rid of the walls by disableing the layer "local meshes" from FS GLOBAL Ultimate but that doesn't remove the traffic from the runway....

I can't figure out what I could have done wrong since I have no other scenery installed.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

PS

I have tried with installing version 1.15 but that's is no solution to my problem.

Luc,

I don't normally fly out of Seattle so I went there after reading your post and found the same thing.  My aircraft was sitting in a square hole at the end of the runway.

Then I did something which I guess was stupid on my part.  I disabled Vector in the scenery library and went back.  The aircraft isn't in the hole anymore, but there is a mountain across the runway now.

I re-enabled the Vector files but now all of the buildings and bridges and artifacts are gone.  Even the Golden gate Bridge is missing from NAC.

So I went Orbx support and learned how to uninstall Vector.  But the problem was still there.  I reinstalled Vector and the problem persists.

I'm too old for this.  Orbx just isn't worth the aggravation and at 80 years old I've had it with trying to learn now stuff.

I'm dumping flight simming altogether and concentrating on train simming and building my N-Scale layout.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Is you KSEA a pay ware or the standard FSX one?

You should layer it generally in this order:

Mesh goes on top of standard FSX stuff, then your word wide add ons, like FTX global, then vector, then pay ware airports etc. 

If its not in that order, and vector is on top of one of your 3rd party airports, it can create issues like the one you describe.

Like I said, I dont know if you have a 3rd party add-on for the airport, so the problem might be completely different.

Well,

Since I don't have any payware scenery for KSEA, I still don't know what is going wrong.

So I did reinstall a previous acronis backup and I ignore 'vectors'.

shame about the money though

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

You may not have any payware but I suspect you have downloaded a freeware afcad  from avsim or elsewhere. In the Vector configurator  click the tab 'Airport Elevation Corrections' and put KSEA in the box at the top of the left hand column. Click the 'disable' option and it should sort out the problem. I found it was necessary to do for all payware airports especially the aerosoft ones and some freebie downloaded airport files.

I wish there was a way that I could disable all the elevated airports at a stroke as I like all the other features.

Hope this helps.

hello William,

no freeware afcad either.

It is on a very clean vanilla FSX I did install FTX vector.

The only thing I did was installing both service packs for FSX and FTX Global.

Nothing else whatsoever.

Ofcourse I could disable AEC for ksea but then trees are growing up to the runway and

I don't think that is 'as real as it gets' either.

No, I got rid of ftx vector... and to be honest, I don't miss it.

Thanks anyway

Luc Brusselmans

Belgioum

I'm now getting the same thing. Has there been a fix for this? I have PNW and NCA and BOTH airports are really screwed up. Walls at KSEA and broken runways at KSFO

RESOLVED: I didn't run the configurator. Apparently you have to do that even if you have only ORBX scenery.

Any solution for this problem? I just realized last night after installed FTX Global 1.30 & Vector 1.20 there are cars crossing Runway 34L at KSEA, no other addon exist, just those two ORBX products.

After fighting elevation problems and stuff like lakes on plateaus or rivers in deep canyons and fixed most of it by getting rid of my Pilot's mesh and Vector.

Since I fly mostly in Orbx regions anyway there is really no need for them for me.  And I would rather spend my time flying than fighting the scenery layers and other tweaks that may or may not solve the problems.

Even flying outside the Orbx regions I don't miss having Vector or third party mesh of any kind.  Since I don't really know what coastlines and river channels are supposed to look like the few minutes flying over areas that may not be right look OK to me.  And mesh really doesn't seem to add that much that is noticeable when flying over the terrain.

Noel

• Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Hi, I know this is an old topic but I had this same problem and was able to find a solution. After disabling some entries in the Scenery Library to try and diagnose stutters I was having with a particular add-on aircraft I started getting walls at the airport I was at. Someone posted "run the configurator" which put me on the right track but here's a more detailed account of how to fix the problem:

1) Run FTX Central, then click Settings then Tools and then FTX Global VECTOR Configuration Tool.

2) Click the Airport Elevation Corrections tab.

3) Click Run Auto-Configuration.

4) When Auto-Configuration finishes click Apply.

I wasted a lot of time uninstalling and reinstalling stuff but the above steps are what actually fixed it for me.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

This is the simplest thing I found so far. Thank you so much for adding a response to an old thread. It works nearly all the time.

Unfortunately KSEA is still underground, but nearly all other airports that I tagged for myself as underground are now fixed. KSEA is nearly useless to me anyhow as FPS in the Seattle greater area is so bad that you really have to be at least 25 miles out of seattle before FPS is normal again.

Thanks again!

Hi, I know this is an old topic but I had this same problem and was able to find a solution. After disabling some entries in the Scenery Library to try and diagnose stutters I was having with a particular add-on aircraft I started getting walls at the airport I was at. Someone posted "run the configurator" which put me on the right track but here's a more detailed account of how to fix the problem:

1) Run FTX Central, then click Settings then Tools and then FTX Global VECTOR Configuration Tool.

2) Click the Airport Elevation Corrections tab.

3) Click Run Auto-Configuration.

4) When Auto-Configuration finishes click Apply.

I wasted a lot of time uninstalling and reinstalling stuff but the above steps are what actually fixed it for me.

Running the Auto-Config tool worked like a charm. Thanks for the information.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I still have problems with KSEA. I've tried all the usual suggestions, enabling and disabling the elevation correction, running to auto-config tool etc etc. These methods have fixed my airports I was having problems with, but it seems KSEA is bugged in it's own right.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I also have a question about KSEA. I have ORBX PNW, global, vector, and LCNA. Not sure how the default airport should look, Seems its on a plateau of some sort on 2, maybe 3 sides, and I would guess its maybe 50 ft? All runways and buildings look ok to me. Having not ever flown into or out of SEA I don't know what it should look like? I just flew the B55 over to Boeing Field and returned. Boeing looks ok to me, there is a high bank off on the right side.

I have run the elevation auto correct recently. But another KSEA from Fly Tampa has all kinds of problems making it unusable. i have it un-checked. Guess i need to get on Fly Tampa forum and see what folks say....any thoughts about the default comment above would be appreciated!!! Many thanks!!

Same issues, same tried things...as one poster said .KSEA is useless to me now